cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Email template with Survey link in C4C

0 Kudos

I am trying to create SAP C4C Ticket process in which when the ticket is completed successfully an E-mail has to be sent to the end customer with a survey link using a workflows.

As per SAP standard document "SAP Cloud for Customer Administrator Guide" we can add the survey in the document bases E-mail template using the place holder #SURVEY#.

But if I add this place holder in the HTML file and then upload it while creating the workflow. I cannot find any corresponding field for Survey.

So how can we add a survey link to an email?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

Is the Survey field for which you are adding a place holder is a standard or a custom field?
If it is a custom field, you will have to extend the related Ticket Business Object with the custom Survey field.

Best Regards,

Mimo

0 Kudos

Hi Mimo,

This is complete standard scenarios as per the SAP document "SAP Cloud for Customer Administrator Guide"

Regards,
kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

If so, then you can raise an incident in the tenant to get that standard field added to the variables dropdown list.

Best regards,

Mimo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

1 .In fine Tuning, create a Survey Category, e.g. “Customer Satisfaction”, of Type Satisfaction

2. Create a Survey of Category “Customer Satisfaction” and take note of the Survey ID. 

3. Create a Workflow rule of Type EMail.

• Define the condition (on save or scheduled) so that the email is sent when you prefer ( Example : 3days after the ticket is Completed)

4. Create an HTML email template, with a placeholder with the format #SURVEYID#

• e.g. #SURVEY2744#, if the ID of the customer satisfaction survey was 2744

5. In the Placeholder Mapping, map #SURVEY2744# to anything, it does not matter

• For e.g. you can map it to “Ticket ID” or “External ID” because the code will recognize the placeholder and replace it with a link

6 . Now once the EMail is sent to the Customer , the system

• Generates an Instance of the Survey
  • Generate the External Link
  • Uses the generated link to replace the Place holder

7. You can use a href tag in your HTML template file  and replace the link with some generic Place holder

NOTE : This only works for Emails but not for Notifications.

former_member18375
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

This thread help me a lot but now I have a question related with C4C surveys and Hybris marketing integration.

It's possible to embebed a C4C survey in a email sent to a target group created in Hybris marketing and analyse the results again in C4C?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashanth,

When I try to upload the .html template and try to save the workflow I am getting the following errors.

In the fine tuning, I have already selected the allowed MIME types. Not sure what is missing. Any pointers will help. Thanks

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

1. Go into Business Configuration work center.
  2. Select Implementation Projects view.
  3. Open the Activity List.
  4. Select the Fine-tune step.
  5. Choose to view All Activities.
  6. Find the Allowed Mime Types For Document Upload activity and open it.
  7. Set the mime type code 10082, Text/HTML document, as allowed. 
  8. Save and Close.

This should ideally allow you ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thanks for the swift reply.  Bang on ... Thanks  a ton.

Another question .. I don't find a Survey ID in the drop down to ad them in the placeholders section. As suggested do I need to raise an incident or is there any other way?

Appreciate your help. Thanks

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Mentioned earlier in my points, since Survey Id isn't Available.

5. In the Placeholder Mapping, map #SURVEY2744# to anything, it does not matter

• For e.g. you can map it to “Ticket ID” or “External ID” because the code will recognize the placeholder and replace it with a link

You can map it to any field randomly and proceed further as it won't make any difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Thanks again and it was great to see I am moving forward. I guess I am in the last mile problem. Now I have created a workflow and emails are getting triggered.

But i don't see the #SURVEYID1# place holder is getting replaced with the Survey Link , the place is blank.

Any thoughts, your help is much appreciated. Thanks again

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate as in what is happening and what exactly you mean by the statement 

But i don't see the #SURVEYID1# place holder is getting replaced with the Survey Link , the place is blank.

A screenshot + little explanation could be helpful in understanding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Please find below the details:

Placeholder mention as #SURVEYID1#

Here's the HTML template with the same placeholder id

Find below the email triggered by the workflow, where you see the placeholder #SURVEYID1# is not replaced with the survey link rather comes as it is from the template.

Any thoughts are suggestions are most useful to move forward. Thanks

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

Seems like in your html code is commented in the template ,<!-- --> allows you to insert comments into an HTML and if i am not wrong the Reference link is commented and hence it is not considered

Please remove the content from the comments and check the same , it should solve your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasanth,

I did try and no luck. Here's the HTML... Not sure what is that I am missing. Appreciate your help.

<html>

<head>

<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">

</head>

<body>

<p>Dear #CUSTOMER#,</p>

<p>Thank you very much for contacting us. The ticket #TICKETID# status has been changed to #STATUS# and we would like to get your feedback on our customer care operations in order to serve you better in future. </p>

<p>Please provide your valuable feedback by click on this link: #SURVEYID1# </p>

<p>Thank you,</p>

<p>Customer Care</p>

By using this template, #SURVEYID1# is not getting replaced with the survey link as mentioned in the document or stated above in this thread.

</body>

</html>

Thanks,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use this as below

<html>

<head>

</head>

<body>

<p>Dear #CUSTOMER#,</p>

<p>Thank you very much for contacting us. The ticket #TICKETID# status has been changed to #STATUS# and we would like to get your feedback on our customer care operations in order to serve you better in future. </p>

<p>Please provide your valuable feedback by click on this link: #SURVEYID1# </p>

<a href="https://{/FormCampaignExecutionPlaceholder/Survey/SurveyID}1">Please Complete a Survey</a>

<p>Thank you,</p>

<p>Customer Care</p>

</body>

</html>

The highlighted section is what is missing / wrong in your snippet, i have tested the HTML code above and this works fine and should work for you as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prasanth.

I tried with your html template and I see a link now but it is not full resolvable link. Please see the image will depict the issue.

By clicking on this link, I am getting a Server not found because of the wrong url construction. Any suggestions ?

Thanks for your time. Looking forward your input.

Thanks,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is mostly happening as the SurveyID maintained is Wrong or the Survey is not active, can you please check the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Both are maintained correctly. Survey ID and Survey is active status. Please see the image below....

Am I missing any other pointers?

Thanks,

Prasad

former_member197801
Participant
0 Kudos

Any news on this? I tried this and got the same result as Prasad mentioned above.

I tried this on Opportunity level and sent the e-mail to the main contact of the opportunity. Should this also be possible?

Thanks and BR,
Ulla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulla,

I have resolved the above mentioned issue. My scenario is a Service Request closure notification email  with Survey linked attached to it.

I will revert you with the steps and you can try it out. Thanks

Regards,

Prasad

harsh_shrotriya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member,

Did you get a chance to wrap it up? Looking forward to understand your steps.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Harsh Vardhan Shrotriya

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I have also tried the steps mentioned by you but I'm also getting the same error. Server not found..

Can you plz. help us.

Regards,

Saurabh

harsh_shrotriya
Participant
0 Kudos

Have figured out the issue with the email template. Your HTML code should look something like this =>

<html>

<head>

</head>

<body>

<p>Dear #CUSTOMER#,</p>

<p>Thank you very much for contacting us. The ticket #TICKETID# 's status has been changed to #STATUS# and we would like to get your feedback on our customer care operations in order to serve you better in future. </p>

<p>Please provide your valuable feedback by clicking on this link: </p>

<a href="#SURVEY51#">Please complete this survey</a>

<p>Thank you,</p>

<p>Customer Care</p>

</body>

</html>

NOTE => Please change <a href="#SURVEY51#"> to <a href="#SURVEYXX#"> , where XX is your survey ID. Use the same in mapping too.

Happy surveying!

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Thank you so much this really worked.

Now can you plz. help that is it possible to track what feedback is provided by a  particular customer? Suppose if survey is sent to a customer A then how can we track it that what feedback is provided by that customer?

Regards,

Saurabh

former_member197801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

thanks for the info. I tried this for an opportunity but it´s still not working. How did you define the placeholder in the workflow definition in your example?

Could you also manage to send out a survey based on an opportunity workflow rule?

Thanks and regards,

Ulla

harsh_shrotriya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you try =>

a) the export functionality of the Survey which gives you the CSV file with all the details about the completed surveys?

B) the analytical reports for survey?

Don't know of a better way to get it yet.

Thanks and regards,

Harsh Vardhan Shrotriya

harsh_shrotriya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I mapped #SURVEY51# with Ticket ID as described in earlier posts.

No, I have not yet tried the opportunity workflow rule.

Thanks and regards,

Harsh Vardhan Shrotriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulla,

I am sorry for the delay. If I am right, embedding the survey link automatically is ONLY available for customer satisfaction category survey type for Service Tickets.

I have used it for Ticket Closure notification with Survey link attached with the email. It worked perfectly.

Here's are some pointers:

1. Create / Check the Survey Category is "Satisfaction"

2. Create a workflow and in the action definition, make sure to have the place holder #SURVEY(ID)#, ID number of the satisfaction survey that you created in step 1. For Ex. Survey ID is 21, then #SURVEY21# and map it to field External ID

3. In the same action definition you need to upload the template file, make sure that template has same place holder that you have used in the workflow email notification.

Ex:

<p>Please provide your valuable feedback by clicking on this link: #SURVEY21# </p> <br/>

Activate the workflow and try the same. Hope this should work. Thanks

Regards,

Prasad

former_member189296
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Actually I want to check the answers by a particular customer on a particular survey. The only best way to do is by reports, customer satisfaction report. I tried doing that but report shows no result at all.

Report is always blank...Plz. help

Regards,

Saurabh

former_member197801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

thanks for the clarification that this is only available for service tickets. My use case is that an account is in contact with a call center during the buying process and after the opportunity is closed the account should get a feedback survey if he was satisfied with this call center. The ticket would not be applicable in this scenario because it is a selling scenario and other functionalities of the opportunity (e.g. sales cycle) are needed.

Do you know if it´s on the roadmap to make this available also for other business objects or do you thin I have to create an idea in ideaplace?

Thanks and BR,

Ulla

former_member197801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

I tried this with opportunity ID but the place holder is then really replaced by opportunity ID. Prasad clearified that this is because it´s not available for opportunities.

Nevertheless, thanks for your help!

BR

Ulla

grace_chuah3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulla,

Have you resolve your issue? I have similar requirement to create external survey for a different business object other than service.

We need to create an enquiry form.

Anyone who is interested and submit the form will create lead in C4C automatically.

former_member197801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

no I didn´t resolve it. I think our only possibility is to create an idea in ideaplace...haven´t done this so far.

Regards,

Ulla

harsh_shrotriya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Access to Survey Results report is based on the "owner"ship of the customer account.

Please check if you have maintained an owner for the customer who participated in survey and that the employee who is accessing the report is part of the same team as the owner.

If this is setup correctly and it still does not work, perhaps open a ticket with SAP?

Best regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I have done the config as described by you but still unable to navigate on Survey link.

Q1. Just to confirm when we map place holder in Action like #SURVEYID# and in Email template then this ID relates to Survey category ID maintained in fine tune activity or it relates to Survey ID created in Survey workcenter ?

like we have Survey ID 12 :

and we have survey category ID 21

which we need to consider?

Q2. Here are the HTML template I am using

<html>

<body>

<p>Dear #EMPLOYEE#,</p>

<p>Your request has been resolved. Please see comments for further information: "#LASTCOMMENT#" from ticket.</p>

<p>If you do not believe your request has been completed. Please call out AskHR. </p>

<p>Please provide your valuable feedback by clicking on below link: #SURVEY21#</p>

<a

href="#SURVEY21#">Please Complete this Survey</a>

<p>Thank you,</p>

<p>Customer Care</p>

</body>

</html>

Please advice what is wrong with this ?

I also tried below code but didn't work

<a

href="https://{/FormCampaignExecutionPlaceholder/Survey/SurveyID}12">Please Complete this Survey</a>

Q3. As you can see the HTML Template pasted above we need to send "Last comment added by resolver in the ticket" in email body but not clear if mapping is available

Here I mapped with "Last Agent Interaction" but it sends the date and time of last interaction, it does not send the interaction content.

Please help.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

I see a inconsistency in using survey id#'s. You have to use the same Survey ID all places in the workflow and template ...

If you change then it won't work. Make the necessary changes and try again.

Thanks,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to configure satisfaction survey in C4C wherein the requirement is to send a survey via email and capturing the response for further analytics purposes.

However I am not able to figure out how to embed survey in the emails ?

Appreciate any inputs on the same.

Thanks,

Edison

Former Member
0 Kudos

The #survey# is a special placeholder that will embed a URL link in the email to an external survey you have defined in survey management.

Thus what you have to do is

1. create an external survey

2. create an external email template with a #survey# placeholder referencing the survey

3. create a workflow to send an external email notification based on a condition

CC

0 Kudos

Thank you Rei.

But can you please also explain how to define the external survey.

S4_Hana
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Rei,

In the Designing Surveys section the documentation says that you are able to send a Satisfaction survey to a customer. They refer to how you can create this type of survey in C4C.

The Satisfaction Survey is not an external survey?  I assume by external survey you mean another external survey software?

I wasn't able to figure out how to send the Satisfaction survey in an email.

Any insight from you or anyone else is very welcome?

Thanks