cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to set the status in urgent change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

In urgent change we moved the changes from development to quality . The changes are not reflected in QAS System. so when im trying ot set the  status in development state . I was unable to do so. More over there is no error throwing

Can any one please help me regarding this issue.I have checked the role it has sufficient authorizations too. In action definitions also the condition was set

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bingi,

Can you share the procedure you have performed by moving changes from Dev to Qua

Also, please paste some screenshots which can help us to provide more inputs for you

thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar

Sure i will send the screenshots. Through workflow i have changed the status from development to quality testing  while the transport moved to quality successfully with RC 0. But the end user confirmed that the changes were not reflected so we set the status " reset into development" through workflow CRM_UI.

This issue is being faced for only one RFC other RFC's are working fine. Im not sure whether it is a bug or not???

Meanwhile i have one more doubt. Could you please help me in resolving the same

In Development without Release phase , the sequencing will be handled by the system and not by the developers. Is this true. Can you please throw some light on this topic.

Thanks and REgards

Praveena Bingi

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveena,

For sequencing the answer is Central CTS. this infrastructure powers the sequence, transport degradation etc.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20c1ba0c-8f32-3110-bfa0-9d1e57522...

as you have said it is for one rfC

• may be its a user issue
  • may be its a system issue

therefore without system access its a bit difficult but I would propose to check system logs, se09 check the content of transport whether they were captured properly in the transport

also, in the scma/SLG1 etc there are no error mentioned.

thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar

Thanks for  the  reply. But no error log either  in SLG1  or in the application log also.

But the document which you pointed out is for importing transports across different landscapes.

My issue is like here when set the maintenance cycle of implementation type project to Development without release the sequencing will be handled by the system and not by the developers

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveena,

The import happens in the order of release of transports..you can check in the solman ChaRM project variant for task list.

But central CTS along with other areas CSOL etc works well within the same landscape so it is not just for multiple landscape but also for same landscape.

Also there is something known as DGP downgrade protection lock which works well with central cts

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone through several blogs in SCN forum’s . It was mentioned that in development without release phase we can just create a TR, cannot release it.

If we set the status from development without release to Development with Release, All the TR’s which were created will be released automatically ???

Please correct me if I’m wrong. There is no way like the system defines the sequence . Please let me know your inputs?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No changing the status of maintenance cycle won't release all TRs but allow to release TRs

in the order of release these will be added to next system queue

further they will be imported in the order of release

this is the basic way of its working

Phases in the Project and Maintenance Cycle - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

further urgent changes doesn't follow the maintenance cycle flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok fine i have got some clarity now.

Now under development without release phase say like i have created 100 TR's

Now i want to release them  by changing the phase to dev with release how do i release all the TR's

In maintenance cycle we have an option like schedule the release transport request job through that can we able to release the TR's at a time .

Could you please let me know your input on this

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a better option follow the below link with a working demo and you get all the steps.

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/support-programs-services/solutio...

hope this will ans ur query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar

SMDV is a new transaction type for solman 7.1  for project cycle. even then when im trying to change the phase from development without release to development with release im getting below error:

Transaction type SMDV cannot be maintained

CRM Web UI.

This is happening when im trying to create a new implementation project in sandbox system to replicate one issue.

Can anyone please guide me how to resolve it

Thanks and Regards

Praveena Bingi

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

How do you set the status to 'in development', exactly?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel

Throw the workflow in the CRM UI screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveena,

I m not sure exact issue. but as per my understanding.

Please refer following sap discussion.

This might give you some insight.

Regards

Anand

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the following KBA :

1820635 - How to analyze errors when changing the status of a ChaRM
          Document

Thanks