cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probelm with multiple copies printing using dot matrix printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am having the issue with dot matrix printer with the continuous paper printing.

In the first page the printing coming properly as per the SAP script layout design but in 2nd page the position of the prining data is moved up 5 lines.

i am using "EPESCP (EPSON ESC/P 24/48-pin printer)" Device type for the printer. in the device type printer initialization we have the below mentioned commands.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

# reset
\e\0x40
# select character table 3 -> PC 437 character set
\e\0x74\0x03
# set line spacing 6 LPI
\e\0x32
# set page length to DINA4 (=70 lines at 6 LPI)
\e\0x43\0x46
# cancel bottom margin
\e\0x4F
# set left margin to 0
\e\0x6C\0x00
# select LQ quality
\e\0x78\0x01
# select non-proportional spacing
\e\0x70\0x00

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Can you please check this and suggest me to avoid printing 5 lines up in the 2nd page if we do continuous printing with Dot matrix printer ?

Is there anything which i need to change in above printer initialization commands.

Please do the needful..

Thanks and regards

Krishna Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

in the above printer initialization the following lines determine line arrangement on the paper:

# set line spacing 6 LPI

\e\0x32

\e\0x43\0x46

As the second commented line shows, this is a page preparation for DINA4. If you are using a paper of different size, a different Format should be selected in R/3 for the printout (e.g. LETTER, INCH12, etc.).

Let's assume DINA4 paper will be used for this printing. In this case the mentioned printer initialization lines need to be changed in the following way:

• in transaction SPAD create a copy of Device Type EPESCP, and use the copy for changing. The reason is that SAP-standard objects should not be changed, and it is possible that SAP-standard objects might be overwritten in the next system upgrade.
  • in the copied Device Type create a custom format which will be used for printing (e.g. ZDINA4), and copy every printer command ("Printer initialization", "Reset after exit", "End of page", "End of line") from the "old" Device Type into the corresponding entries of the "new" Device Type.
  • in the "new" Device Type adjust the previously mentioned "Printer initialization" lines.

The numbers "32" and "46" are hexadecimal values which will actually change the print output.

In your case, if I understand correctly (although math is not one of my strongest points...) you need to add additional 5 lines to a page, which means the following change:

# set line spacing 6 LPI

\e\0x32

\e\0x43\0x4B

(As 4B is the hexadecimal value of 70 + 5 = 75.)

Chances are the lines will be a bit piled up, in thise case you can change the 0x32 value too.

If the printout is still strange, unfortunately a trial-and-error method needs to be followed, so you can get a printout which seems fine.

Please ensure that a new spool request will be created and printed for each change of the Printer Initialization.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Answers (0)