cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Reading/Receiving data in XML in SAP PI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a web service that returns bulk data, the web service endpoint takes 3 parameters ID, from_Date, to_Date. I want to implement that in the SAP PI such that, I take above mentioned parameters as input from query string and pass those parameters to the web service method. and need to pull the data from web service.

Please suggest how I am able to implement this scenario in SAP PI?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a sender DT and for receiver DT you can import WSDL/XSD provided by web service team.

and then create ESR objects like MT,SI,MM,OM. (for response as well if required)

in ID you have to create a SOAP receiver channel and add the web service URL and soap action parameter.

The response will be captured and process to source system based on the sender type.

Local test: Use SOAP UI, to check response field information from web service

Regards, Prasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed,

Just to have proper understanding on the requirement, with the parameters you just want to use the webservice with the input and get the response from it and use it in the interface OR triggering should occur with the inputs sending to the webservice and with the response from the webservice, you need to send this data to SAP system.

Regards

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can configure receiver SOAP adapter for consuming the webservice by configuring target URL and SOAP action before that import the WSDL into your ESR and design the interface.you have not mentioned your source system if it database you can use JDBC sender adapter including standard module bean to handle response from webservice

Thanks