cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Group in PO Line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to create condition for Material Group in PO Line item that Material Group should be same as lies in Material Master (in Basic Data).

When we insert a Material in PO, then line item details shows its related Material Group...(which was maintained in Material Master).

For ref., please see the below screenshot...(Below image is related to Service PO...hence, it should show the same material group as in Service Master both places)

Is there any standard config. for it or any enhancement requires?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is a bit confusing when compared with the highlighted area in the screenshot.

The material group has two parts - material group key and the material group description. The item details shows material group description and item overview shows material group key based on the personal settings.

In ME21N, click on "personal settings" button and maintain the flag "Display Key" check box and check again. System will show the material group key in both the places:

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

My concern is that during PO creation either Service or Material, user insert Material Group in PO line item. But in some cases, it does not match with Material Group of Material Master used in PO item.

For example, we have created a Material ABCD with Material Group 123456. Now during PO creation in line item, there is a field of Material Group (not related with Material Master)...

1. It should be related to Material Master...when we insert Material master in PO line item, Material Group field should automatically field values (showing in Material Master--->Basic Data)

2. Same in Service PO, it should be related to Material / Service Group field in Service Master (AC03).

Please guide...

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Whatever you want it is a standard behavior. System will always pull the material group from material master during PO creation with material master. If you can see a different material group, then user must has changed this material group. You may can make this material group as display mode for field selection PT0F (or even others). You may check this blog post

2. I have already explained this in my previous post.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PO, the service group is at service item level and the material group is at PO item level. There can be multiple services with multiple service groups, under one PO item. This makes its impossible to have the same material / service group in service level and PO item level, in standard.

If you want a different behavior, you may think about the feasibility of development.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

material group and service groups are different. If you use text PO then the material group is either entered manually or are defaulted(as in other replies). if you use a servce master record then you have to use enhancement in ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST to write a code to compare material group and service master group. For default material group in PO you can check personal settings-default values-Purchase order item. Here you can maintain default values. Just a question, i see that your material number at item level and at item detail level are same. At PO item level its just showing the description of the material gropu. To seethe key, again click on personal settings-basic settings-tick display keys.

Regards..

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You created PO for SERVICE with account  assignment cat . K and Item Category D where your system defaulted 703010 Material Group in PO as Default Material Group set in t.code:ML91 in field Default Material Group at Item Level.

In concept, Material Group and Service Group, both are different but when you create service master(AC03 t.code) , In Material Group field - you will have data flow from values in OMSF t.code.

Regards,

Biju K

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Material group and service group both are different.

In standard, it doesn't depend upon each other. Material group for PO line item is proposed from img configuration OLMSRV-Source Determination and Default Values (table T165E or T165). Which is saved into table EKPO

But the material group under service level is coming from service master record (table ASMD). Which is saved into table ESLL.

If you want to make a validation that it will be same, then you can use enhancement by using this badi ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST