cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Search with * way in complex table values .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All , We have requirement , we want to search material with description but with * means if material name is : 1) test material 2) key material 3) material test 4) material key 5) name 6) test and if we search with material  then its should find 1 to 4 now its only finding starting with first char means 3 and 4. can you provide some suggestion ? how to write rule for that in complex table or other way how can we achieve ? for more information i have also attached screen shot . Thanks & Regards,   Kunal Varaiya

Title was edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

You can achieve this by looping over CT (use function like Count) and using regular expressions. You must use a JavaScript Rule for this.  There is a performance implication when using this kind of search because it will loop though the CT contents using an Index.

thanks

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra , Thanks for your reply . May you please provide some references ? Or some example rule . Thanks in advance. Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kunal,

Look at the Equipment and Functional Location search within Work Manger 6.2  It implements a very similar functionality.

You should be able to also use the Agentry rule FIND function instead of JavaScript but depending on your requirements the JavaScript may be needed.

--Bill

sschuetz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bill - are you saying the base 6.2 has implemented wildcard search on Description for FLOC & Equip?  I tried it out in the demo app and did not see it working but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Scott

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, the material master management search for FLoc and Equipment implements wildcard searching of the CT. 

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill , Thanks for your reply . I am planning to implement wildcard search for adding component (Material) but don't understand how to do wild card search . May you please provide some screen shot of rule ? so i can also apply same way . Note : I have checked in based work manager workorder add screen for fun location and equipment . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The wildcard search is part of the Functional Location tab and Equipment tab search functionality.  You specify criteria and it will loop over the CT to look for matching records and add them to your search results.   From there you can view, edit and create WOs if I recall correctly. 

Look at the FuncLocSearch Action in WM 6.2 for how this works.  The main rule is the execution rule for the looping action to add the matches to the search results (ExecuteFuncLocAddIfAllSearchCriteriaMet).

--Bill

0 Kudos

Please not type the wild cards. It is a "contains" search so just type a word or chars you want to search.

Thanks

Chandra