Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer data from Screen to BADI- IP01/02/03

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a custom Tab in Transcation IP01/02/03 using BADI 'BADI_EAM_EXIT_IPRM0003'.

But I'm facing a problem while getting the data from screen(custom Tab) to BADI and vice versa. I have tried using the User exit 'IPRM0003' and it is working fine but I want an alternate option since i do not want to use the user exit.

The issue is that the Class and the screen in the BADI are not linked up due to which the values are not available there.Is there any way that i can link screen with the BADI, or any method by which i can get the values from the screen to the BADI and vice versa. Where to declare the global variable of the screen field so the data can be transported from PBO method(EXIT_SAPLIWP3_001) to Screen.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a Function group and there you can create FM to send data to BADI and receive data from BADI create the screen also in the Function Group itself so that you can declare all the data in the TOP include of the FG.

Hope this helps.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a Function group and there you can create FM to send data to BADI and receive data from BADI create the screen also in the Function Group itself so that you can declare all the data in the TOP include of the FG.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Could you explain briefly. I have implemented the BADI and created a module pool program for the screen and used that screen in the BADI.

0 Kudos

What I wanted to say is instead of creating a Module pool and using that screen in BADI create a FG and in that FG create a screen which you can use in your BADI. declare all the screen related data in the TOP include of the FG.

Now create zget_data and zset_data FM in this FG , which will allow you to use the global variable of the screen to be used in the FM source code and you can pass these values in the BADI using exporting parameters of the FM zget_data. similarly zset_data FM can have a importing parameter to read the value from the BADI .

Check online for the same steps used to create custom tab in Delivery header. This will help you relate your requirement with this one.

Check the link Custom tab in Delivery (VL01N) Header / Item Level.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help!! Its working as expected!!

Thanks a lot!!

Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is wrong with the user exit? The BADI calls the user exits. If it is working why to change?