Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on interface design

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need your valuable inputs on my current requirement development. Please find my requirement attached screen shot.

I need to pick a xml file from System A using File adapter which contains half of the details required for ECC ( Target system). I need to pass few fields of XML file to System B which we have to make synchronous REST ful web service call  and merge both File + REST response details and send it to ECC.

Thanks,

Pavan T            

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can try using a "REST LOOKUP" , try and share the results

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

First of all we need to know what is your PI version, because not all PI releases support the same things.

I suppose you have a recent PI version, at least a PI 7.4 SP09 or PI 7.31 SP14, that i think remember they support the new SAP PI rest adapter.

In my opinion, you have to ways to do it:

1. Using asyn/sync bridge. You have an explanation here http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80f96dbf-adca-3010-ffb5-daf2d1f0e... and another example (With different sync interface but the configuration would be similar http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=69331

I haven't tried with Rest adapter, you can give it a chance a to try it.

2. To do a lookup. At mapping level you can develop a java code to retrieve the data that you need from the Rest service. You have here an example with a SOAP communication, you would need to change to deal with Rest connectivity, but the idea is similar.

I would try the first option like the best one.

Hope this helps or give to you any idea.

Regards

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for the quick response.

1)We are using PI 7.4 SP08.  Will SAP REST adapter work for us?

2)To perform the SOAP look up with REST adapter do i have to use REST receiver channel or SOAP receiver channel?

I have gone through the first option , But my requirement is bit different.  I have two source systems ( FILE(Asynch) + REST(Synch) and one target ECC (Asynch). I need to fetch the details from REST( Synch) based input values from FIle and merge both File + Values from REST response and send it to ECC.

Thanks,

Pavan T,

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP REST adapter available from 7.4 SP09.Please refer below blogs for more info

The REST adapter has been supported as of 7.31 SP14 / 7.4 SP09.

systems ( FILE(Asynch) + REST(Synch) and one target ECC (Asynch). I need to fetch the details from REST( Synch) based input values from FIle and merge both File + Values from REST

may be you can try with this File--->REST--->File (use Request Response Bean).Now you will have values from Rest service based input values from file and pick the two files and use ccBPM/BPM to merge the two files into desired structure of RFC.

Thanks

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you want to pass few fields to SAP ECC and other few fields to REST service which is syn?or else do you want to pass the values from Rest response + values from File to ECC?

Thanks

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the response. My requirement is to pass the REST response + values from File into ECC in a single call.

Thanks,

Pavan T