Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to trace how data is populated for variable in FM MATERIAL_FIELD_SELECTION_NEW

ankit_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In include LMGD1O1D , FM MATERIAL_FIELD_SELECTION_NEW is being called.

In this FM a variable ENDMASK2 gets populated with some content as soon as the control enters inside this FM(I checked in debugging mode), there is no explicit code which is assigning the content to this variable.

I am unable to trace how data is getting populated for this variable.

What could be the possible reason for population of this variable?

Regards,

Ankit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DominikKraemer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

the field is already being populated in FM MATERIAL_FIELD_SELECTION_COMB and then made available to all other function modules in the function group MATF.

Regards,

Dominik

6 REPLIES 6

DominikKraemer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

the field is already being populated in FM MATERIAL_FIELD_SELECTION_COMB and then made available to all other function modules in the function group MATF.

Regards,

Dominik

0 Kudos

What exactly in the Function Group is populating the variable? I don't see any explicit code which is populating data into that variable.

0 Kudos

FM MATERIAL_FIELD_SELECTION_COMB Line 114 (at least in our release).

Basically it is being selected from table T133F-FAUSW

0 Kudos

MATERIAL_FIELD_SELECTION_COMB is a different FM altogether, why will FM MATERIAL_FIELD_SELECTION_COMB be called when I am calling FM MATERIAL_FIELD_SELECTION_NEW?

0 Kudos

MATERIAL_FIELD_SELECTION_COMB will be called somewhen before MATERIAL_FIELD_SELECTION_NEW filling the data in the top include so it will be avaiable in MATERIAL_FIELD_SELECTION_NEW.

Please set a breakpoint and you will see.

0 Kudos

it is important for me to know how FM MATERIAL_FIELD_SELECTION_COMB is triggered as in our MM02 additional fields have been added via subscreen technique, and certain fields on subscreen are getting activated because incorrect values are being passed to FM MATERIAL_FIELD_SELECTION_COMB