cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App_Specific configuration are not reflected when pushed along with application for the first time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have uploaded the application via SAP from Application->App protection ,and  added the configuration(key-value) at the same time while publishing the application.

But application is not receiving configuration for the first time.

But if we republish the application,all configuration are received in application successfully.

Is this the expected behavior of SAP Afaria?

Can we have call after 2 pm IST ,to resolve this.Thank in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

Please take a look at this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3777358 where you can find the solution.

If you feel the question is answered, please mark on the same so that the users with similar issue can look into the discussion.

Have a great day!!

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

Are you trying to create new application with "Managed Apps" and providing the configuration in "App Protection" and publishing the app?

Please let me know the steps followed while creating an application through Mobile Secure Portal. We can have a call in detail if the issue doesn't get resolved in the discussion. I want this discussion with more details so that the other customers can also view it and find the solution.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

No, we have not uploaded the application under Managed app.

Steps performed are as below:

1.Uploaded the application from Application->App Protection->Upload New Application.

2.Published the application from Application->App Protection->(Uploaded Application) followed by clicking publish button.

3.Added the configuration while publishing the application in publishing wizard.

4.Marked the application to distribute immediately.

5.Clicked the Finish button.

Result: Configuration is not pushed and not visible in the installed application.

But clicking publish button again and selecting the check box to "distribute application immediately" followed by pressing finish button, pushes the added configuration to the respective application.

Also, if new device is enrolled after performing above steps, it also receive the application with configuration.

Issue is that only for first time configuration is not pushed along with the application.

Quick Question:Is this a expected behavior in SAP Afaria?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

To answer your quick question, No - It is not an expected behavior. The app configuration should be pushed to the device at the very first time. We should look into this issue in detail.

We will have the call at 2.30PM IST to discuss the issue further. Please join the meeting as we did it earlier.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

We will have the call at 4 PM IST.

Here would be the bridge details for you to dial in: [Removed by Moderator - please use Direct Messages for private information]

Please confirm the meeting time.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

I am OK with the meeting timings. See you there in the meeting.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

Further with the discussion, we can see the behavior is same for all the iOS devices in which the App with Configuration is not updated till the re-publishing is done from Mobile Secure Portal. Please give me sometime while I check with the Engineering team on this and get back to you with an update.

Cheers,
Sushmitha