cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Crystal Reports option from Launch Pad User Preferences

0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe someone will know if it is possible to remove Crystal Reports option from Launch Pad User Preferences?

I would appreciate prompt answer:).

Thanks!

Aleksandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We cannot hide the Crystal Reports or any other option available in Preference tab. only possible way is to disabled the complete Prefereces Tab by denying below right at user/groups level

"Change Preferences for the objects that the user owns".

You need to go to CMC >> users and groups >> user security and select perticular group or a user and deny above right. After login Preferences tab will be gone:

Thanks,

Mayur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

just log in to your Crystal Server CMC and then go to Applications. Then just configure the rights for Crystal Reports regarding your users and grous.

Kind Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hello,

Steps I took can be found below.

I have created sample user Test who is the member of Everyone group:

I have assigned No access to both Test user and Everyone group to Crystal Reports Configuration:

Still Crystal Reports appear in Test user launch pad preferences:

It seems that if I will remove rights to Crystal Reports this option will disappear from User Preferences, apparently it doesn't. Maybe I am missing something.

Please advise?

Regards,

Aleksandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandra,

if you login with user in BI Launchpad. Right beside your Welcome Name - Which applications are shown in the dropdown menu? Is there for example a Crystal Reports Entry?

Kind Regards
Tobias