cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy BusinessObjects Enterprise 4.x on a JBoss Application server in Windows ?

Balaji
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we are trying to deploy the SAP BO 4.x on top of Jboss application server in Windows Env instead of default tomcat application server,

what are the steps we need to follow in the standalone server installation? checked in the Web Application deployment guide, Are we need to use WDeploy Tool to deploy the War file is enough? or we need to follow any other steps ? can you able to share any exact step by step document or SAP Note? or any other useful doc, it will helpful for us,

Regards,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to follow Web Applications deployment guide JBOSS section (wdeploy etc.)

Balaji
Participant
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I tried to deploy BO 4.1 on top of jboss application server EAP 6.1 in Windows 2008, I have successfully installed, and able to open the CMC and also BI Launchpad, but when I try to open Admin Tools page, it is showing an Error,

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.businessobjects.bcm.BCM..

Actually I have copied the war files under jboss deployment folder, further I need to configure any class path to refer the exact BOBJ jar file? or class path of jar files?

tried to search related to this error and  I got the results for this error

The error is due to conflict in axis version libraries in jboss and the one required by business objects. The application server loads its default libraries overriding any Jar files supplied in application's WEB-INF\lib folder,

how and where I need to configure the library/class path to solve this issue,

I am facing one more issue, when I try to connect to Dashboard add query option, in the screen showing as Universe and bex query option, I am not able to select this anyone, I am receiving the error as "Failed to connect to the BI Platform,if this error persists,refer to SAP note 1668437 for troubleshoot,  if I refer this notes again some steps are refereed in admintools option of BI Platform,  kindly guide me to proceed further on this issue

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JBOSS 7.1.1 is the supported version for BI4.1, so your issues might be due to old version of JBOSS you're using.

See PAM for details

Balaji
Participant
0 Kudos

the jboss version EAP 6.1 is not an old version, EAP referred as Enterprise Application Platform, and the version which i am referring here is - JBoss EAP 6.1.0.Alpha1 (AS 7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4)

Any inputs/suggestion related to how and where I need to configure the library/class path to solve this issue from Jboss end, or any other part i need to check here?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If its not JBOSS 7.1.1+ - then it won't work.

Balaji
Participant
0 Kudos

here the jboss version is 7.2.0 , so it is an advance version of 7.1.1

Balaji
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Anyone want to try out this similar deployment, then you can refer the link, this may be helpful for you.

Installation/Deployment of BusinessObjects Enterprise 4.x on JBoss Application server in Windows Platform  ( http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-65955 )

Answers (0)