Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SAP ME check the material reservations

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team ,

Does SAP ME have out of box features to check the material reservation regarding the issuing plant ?

Thanks

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When PO is released component materials can be reserved for the specific PO consumption and it's moved from central to manufacturing storage location that is managed by ME site.

Regards,
Konstantin

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Konstantin .

I read somewhere we can raise a PO with material reservation in ECC and pass it on to SAP ME . However when PO alone is raised ,then from SAP ME how can i check whether the material is reserved for this PO or not . so you are saying it automatically checks material reservation even though that was configured after the PO is sent to ME .

Thanks Kishore

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When PO is released with material reservation, goods movement happens and materials are transferred to a production storage location triggering corresponding INVCON02 message to ME. Invenroty is imported with a link to PO and can be checked in Floor Stock Report by drilling down into details.

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Konstantin . But can SAP ME independently check it before inventory . Please let me know .

Thanks

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore

ME creates the inventory record with the reservation. Its purpose is to prevent its use on other orders for example. So ME just checks the resrvation during consumption. It doesn't do any checking beforehand.

Answers (0)