cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to assign more than one Reported By to messages?

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings,

One of our customers have a business requirement like below:

For some of their clients, they create multiple accounts/users (i.e User01, User02, User03 so on..) for them to report their problems (hence different business partners) and these users report messages for their company with their each own user

These users want to see their messages belong to each other in Messages, Incident Managemenet Work Center (example: User01 doesn't only want to see the mssages he/she reported. She/he wants to see the messages User02 and User03 reported, too)

By default, there's only one business partner that can be assigned to a message as partner function "Reported By"

I increased the maximum number and implemented COM_PARTNER_BADI to hoping to add other users (business partners assiged to users to be more precise) to the message with parnter function "Reported By" according to my own access logic.

Although, it calls BAdI and fills the export table ET_FOUND_PARTNERS sucessfully,I cannot see more than one business partner as Reported By in the newly created message.

Do you have any idea what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings,

It's not necessary to assign multiple business partners with "Reported by" function maybe.

I'm open to any other solution to meet the business requirement above.

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can add further partner functions such as additional contact person "0000000015" or create own definition which you put into your partner profile and make them visible in the UI.

Regards, Richard

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hakan,

check the below note and this has a how to guide to resolve your issue.

1728284 - ITSM: Partner Functions for the WebClient UI

Thanks

Prakhar

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Thanks for taking your time to reply. I appreciated it.

However, it's not just adding partner functiions to my partner determination procedure. I already know that. I think you miss the key point in the business requirement.

Hakan Köse Jul 27, 2015 6:01 PM

For some of their clients, they create multiple accounts/users (i.e User01, User02, User03 so on..)for them to report their problems (hence different business partners) and these users report messages for their company with their each own user

These users want to see their messages belong to each other in Messages, Incident Managemenet Work Center (example: User01 doesn't only want to see the mssages he/she reported. She/he wants to see the messages User02 and User03 reported, too)

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thank you a great deal. I'll check the documents and let you know about the results.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hakan,

Happy to see you have got what you were looking for.

Kindly return with specific issue incase if you face any thanks

Regards

Prakhar

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I applied the note you recommended. And I learned a lot from it.

I just copied the partner function "Reported By" and give it another name. And I activated the BAdı "COM_PARTNER_BADI" to fill my new partner functions with partners according to my requirement.

And it successfully fills my new partner functions with business partners according to logic I wrote in the BAdI. And probably since my new partner function has same attributes (because I copied it) as "Reported By", my business requirement is solved

On tickets, I see my new partner functions as well.

Thanks a lot

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hakan,

glad to know it worked

Take care

Best Regards

Prakhar

Answers (0)