cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task list help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello group,

I am very new to the network so here goes my first attempt at seeking help and/or clarificaiton regardging task lists.  When submitting a new service via MDA form do I always create a new task list? and when would I use group counter on the same group number intead of creating another task list?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Welcome to SCN (Joined few hours ago and this your 1st post). In this context you may go through this discussion for some directions given to the beginners and the related threads you should go through.

About your query:

As Pete said the 1st part is unclear. (You should take care that there wouldn't be any difficulty for members to understand your requirement). As far as Tasklist Group and Group counter is concerned: System does not stop you to create individual or Grouped Tasklists identified by different counter numbers under the same group. Another practical example to have Grouped tasklists is: A machine (or a class of machines) has identical maintenance events say,

• Monthly maintenance
  • Quarterly maintenance
  • Half yearly maintenance
  • Annual maintenance

Then we can have these under the same group which identifies the machine and have different counters for each tasklist.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dawn,

Welcome to SDN.

You post is a little unclear - can you please clarify the following:

• Submitting a new Service
  • MDA Form

A task list group is used to group task lists with common attributes. An example may be motors or annual maintenance.

So the question is dependent upon your business requirements.

PeteA