cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correctly configure one ordinary user to start/stop SAP IQ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know what configuration (SO privileges) I should provide for an ordinary user in order to allow this user to START/STOP SAP IQ server, considering this user is distinct the one that have installed the IQ software originally!

Thank you in advanced,

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two options are available:
1) -gk Sets the permissions required to stop the network server and personal server using dbstop.
2) -gd Sets the privileges required to start or stop a database on a running database server.

Both have following allowed values:
•DBA 
•all
•none  

iqsrv15 -gk { DBA | all | none } ...
iqsrv16 -gd { DBA | all | none } ...

HTH.

Gagan

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

-gd startuo switch sets the privileges required to start or stop a database on a running database server.

Allowed values

• DBA  Only users with the SERVER OPERATOR system privilege can start or stop databases.
  • all  All users can start or stop databases. Not recommended for network servers that can be accessed by remote clients.
  • none  Starting and stopping databases isn't allowed except when the database server itself is started and stopped.

-gd database server option - Utility Guide - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saroj,

I'm specifically looking for information on configuring an operating system user, distinct than the one that have been used to install SAP IQ, so this new user would be able to start/stop IQ Server from OS.

If we are talking about only set some OS permissions, I would like to know what are those permissions? Also, I would like to know if there is any OS parameter that should be adjusted for this new user in particular!

Thank you,

Fabio

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Permissions to start and stop IQ are with in IQ, you can control with start_iq startup switches -gd and -gk.