LSMW Logical file name 'XXX' is not permissible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to run a LSMW but it's giving us this error:

Logical file name 'ZLSMW_TRANSACTION' is not permissible

Message No. SG809

Diagnosis

You are attempting to use the logical file name 'ZTEST_LSMW' in the current context. However, this logical file name is not permissible due to the system configuration.

System Response

Execution is not permissible with the logical file name 'ZLSMW_TRANSACTION'.

Procedure

Select one of the permissible logical file names or contact your system administrator to have the logical file name 'ZLSMW_TRANSACTION ' permitted for this context.

Procedure for System Administration

The current application uses the logical file name 'CLASSIFICATION' to check the permissible logical file names. The user is attempting to use the logical file name 'ZLSMW_TRANSACTION' (perhaps by selecting a previously-defined variant).

The user either needs to adjust his or her variant appropriately, or you can permit the logical file name 'ZLSMW_TRANSACTION' in this context.

More information about checking file names: SAP Note 1497003 (https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1497003).

We have checked SAP notes 1497003, 1667018 and  1645855 . We tried to create again the logical path definition, assigment of the logical path and  logical file name.

Also client is open (SCC4 and SE06).

Do you have idea what can be happening?

Thanks a lot, Sapera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use other logical file names but not CLASSIFICATION, please maintain them as alias. Please refer to the above online help for how to do it.
Also, the same logic is applied to CHARACTERISTIC.

To be able to use other logical file names, you have to maintain them as an alias. Please refer to the details in the online help as mentioned in note 1645855:

T-code SM30
  Table/View           V_FILEALIA
  press button Maintain

Create the following entry and save:

LOGFILE_APPL        SEQNR LOGFILE_ALIAS
CLASSIFICATION      001   *************   << the file name you used

Natália

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, your solution worked

solution worked with same issue.. thanks

0 Kudos

THATS RIGHT!! Thank you very much.

I was dealing with creating classes by the legacy default program available. RCCLBI01.

No matter which file I try to create, I always have the same error messagge ... logical filename no permissable.!!!

Then I create this record in table FILEALIAS, and everything is fine now.

100 CLASS_CREATE 1 Z_Z_Z.LSMW.CONV

Answers (0)