Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time limit Exceeded problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a file to idoc scenario .

I have a file which generates many idocs (size atmost 5 mb)

I am aware sap recommends to limit the message the file size to atmost 5mb.

Do they mean file size of the payload ...because size increases in xi also .

I just want to process such a file quickly .

For that I am employing queue priortization at both sender and reciever .

and would idoc packaging help at the receiver .

Besides I am getting 'time limit exceeded in sm58' although I am seeing my idocs in idx5.

Here are some of the things I have checked ..

1) Parameters in SXMB_ADM - Integration Eningine configuration ---Specific configuration ...tried various tuning parameters ...but it didn't work..

2) In partner profile in recieving CRM system made chagend the setting from trigger immediately ..to background Task ...

(I am not certain how far that is relevant .

If it is a problem with CRM system's ability to accept mass idocs (because a small number is acceptible ...under 1mb file size ) then seetings should in crm so that large number idocs get succesfully posted .

I have posted this issue several times ...Kindlyhelp

KIndly what parameters i should tweak in xi or that matter recieving crm system to take care of this problem.

Kindly help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Large size of file processing

In general, an extra sizing for XI memory consumption is not required. The total memory of the SAP Web Application Server

should be sufficient except in the case of large messages (>1MB).

To determine the memory consumption for processing large messages, you can use the following rules of thumb:

Allocate 3 MB per process (for example, the number of parallel messages per second may be an indicator)

Allocate 4 kB per 1kB of message size in the asynchronous case or 9 kB per 1kB message size in the synchronous case

Example: asynchronous concurrent processing of 10 messages with a size of 1MB requires 70 MB of memory

(3MB + 4 * 1MB) * 10 = 70 MB With mapping or content-based routing where an internal representation of the message payload

may be necessary, the memory requirements can be much higher (possibly exceeding 20 kBytes per 1kByte

message, depending on the type of mapping).

The size of the largest message thus depends mainly on the size of the available main memory. On a normal 32Bit operating system, there is an upper boundary of approximately 1.5 to 2 GByte per process, limiting the respective largest message size.

please check these links..

/community [original link is broken]:///people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/08/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos