Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download IOT Connector for HCP IoT beta

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear community,

we would like to do our first steps with the HCP IoT platform, and would also like to connect an OPC-server via the IoT-connector. Where are we able to download it? In the service marketplace there is a section for IoT enablement for HANA which maybe contains it, but we are not able to access it.

Thanks and best regards,

Norbert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norbert,

Did you search this location:

Start of the navigation path Support Packages and Patches Next navigation step A-Z Alphabetical List of Products Next navigation step IOT ENABLEMENT FOR HANA Next navigation step IOT ENABLEMENT FOR HANA 1.0 Next navigation step Comprised Software Component Versions Next navigation step IOT CONNECTOR 1.0 End of the navigation path

Best Regards,

Abhishek

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

yes, I did... But for me there is no content underneath IOT Enablement for HANA 1.0. We already have directly contacted SAP, maybe there is a way how to get the IoT connector...

Thanks and best regards,

Norbert

0 Kudos

Hi Norbert,

anything new regarding the IoT connector?

As a part of my thesis i'm connecting machines via PCo and i asked myself what the IoT connector is and where i can get it...

Best regards,

Stefan

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

unfortunately not... But we didn't investigate further during the last months. Back then, SAP said it was still under development. And our research project (also a thesis) was stopped due to other reasons...

Best regards,

Norbert

0 Kudos

Hi Norbert,

thanks for your quick answer. I'll ask SAP and see if i can get any information there.

Maybe they can say a few things about this new connector.

Best regards,

Stefan

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

You're welcome. Maybe you can share the latest information you get also here...

Best regards,

Norbert

0 Kudos

Hi Norbert,

there is still no "out of the box" IoT connector and has to be implemented by yourself for the special device. There is no standard yet for connecting devices in the field of IoT. I watched a presentation about IoT connectivity from SAP, which gives you a breif overview about the IoT, the IoT Connector and HCP.

IoT Connectivity im SAP-Umfeld

Best regards

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norbert,

AFAIK, there is no readymade "IoT Connector"...

The IoT Service on HCP allows you to perform your setup in RDMS ( Device types, Devices, Message types)...thats your static configuration. the MMS is where you could monitor your actual message exchange from your programs / to your programs , with IoT Service.

The piece between your hardware and the HCP IoT Service, is typically referred to as "Machine Integration" and this needs to be written by yourself. could be written in any language that on one side can talk to the sensors / hardware and on the other side can interact with HCP IoT service over HTTPs / WebSockets.

SAP HANA Cloud Platform Internet of Things (IoT) Services (beta)

Thanks

Amol

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol! But there should be a readymade IoT Connector - at least there is one mentioned e.g. at and http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2145393 and here:

Best regards,

Norbert