cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-M Material Description Checks

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to write a check in the 'Define Validaitons/Derivations' BADI in method 'IF_EX_USMD_RULE_SERVICE~CHECK_ENTITY' to check the length of the derived material description.

the material description is being derived in the cross entity badi because the various elements o fthe description are being pulled from multiple entities (namely MATERIAL and MVKESALES). However I am expecting to be able to check the material description in the normal CHECK_ENTITY method and BADI.

My code is never called because the MATERIAL entity where TXTMI (material description) is stored is never looped through. The method loops through each changed entity starting with MATERIAL, MARCBASIC, MVKESALES etc etc etc. but it never goes into the MATERIAL description entity. It should loop through the MATERIAL entity twice, once for all the MARA fields and once for the descriptions table, but it'n not?!?!?!??!?!?!

Any ideas on how to solve the issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have managed to get around the issue by executing the checks on the custom field VARIANT FOR DESCRIPTION before it is used to derive the standard material description

Answers (0)