Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soap to Idoc scenario -Issue of xml tag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SAP PI Version 7.4 ,SOAP TO IDOC bypass scenario i.e no mapping or esr objects

Issue : Payload coming in PI is missing xml tag and soap envelope is coming in the IDOC main tag (which I hope will get removed if I mark parameter do no use soap  envelope.)

I changed the data manually as below(added xml version tag at the beginning and also removed soap envelope from the idoc root tag ) tested it through test tool and it was processed successfully

Questions :-

1) Why xml tag is not coming by default

2) How to handle this in PI (apart from java mapping )

Thanks

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anshu,

This happens whenever the character-set for the content type is not UTF-8. Since we have direct SOAP to XML (i.e. XSD) conversion, I guess this conversion or XML data is obtained in PI only and only when we maintain SWCV (Software Component Version). On doing so, the XML tag will appear above as required because removing SWCV makes an interface independent of language of payload.

Kindly check.

Kind Regards,

Souvik

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

Please refer the below threat

PI 7.3 sender SOAP communication channel config... | SCN

i think this is the normal layout of a soap message and the default response output of the soap adapter.

If you want to have the xml prolog, then you can try to use http adapter instead of soap. You would need to adapt your mapping correspondingly to create the envelope in mapping time.

Or switch on "Do not use soap envelope". The url should get the additional parameter nosoap=true. So the adapter would not change the Integration Engine's xml. You can build a xml looking like soap envelope including the xml prolog.

regards,

Harish