Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple resources in a work center

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Business scenario is we have complex outbound delivery process with pick ,pack, stage steps.When a pick HU goes to a packing work center,physically they have 4-5 tables arranged with employees who randomly pick pick HU's and start packing them in ship HU's.They don't really work as per system guided assignments but based on availability anybody can start working on pick HU's.As per my understanding a warehouse order is assigned to a resource/resource group.

1) Is it possible to assign each step to a group of resources?For example picking step is assigned to one resource and packing step is assigned to a group of another resources or only a warehouse order can be assigned to a group?

2) If a resource group is assigned for a step say packing,how do I track which resource actually packed which pick HU?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

workcenters are not ressources. In such a szenario you work with an inbound section in your workcenter storage type.

Then a user drags the HUs from the inbound bin into his bin and processes it. There is also no warehouse order for a packing process.

Or to be more exact: when a user packs or repacks something, the system creates a WT and WO accordingly in the background. But not WT is created beforehand.

Brgds

Juergen

Message was edited by: Juergen Pitz

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

We can assign multiple bins to a work center, however it will have only one inbound/outbound section that we assign in work center definition. If I understand correctly ,for 5 tables I can have 5 bins created and assigned in tcode /SCWM/TWORKST. When I go to work center, system will list all the bins. From there I can drag HU I wish to process into my bin and work on it.

If what I understood from your statement is correct I have a question-

How do I restrict users to mandatorily drag and drop HU in their bin (Do I have any assignment for storage bin to user somewhere?)

Regards,

Khushboo

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"We can assign multiple bins to a work center,"

Not really

"If I understand correctly ,for 5 tables I can have 5 bins created and assigned in tcode /SCWM/TWORKST."

5 bins, yes. But that also means 5 Workcenters. Each "Table" is it's own workcenter.

Technically you can assign the same bin to 5 workcenters - but it does not make sense (at least not for me). But to one workcenter you can only assign one bin.

"When I go to work center, system will list all the bins. From there I can drag HU I wish to process into my bin and work on it."

You should then see your own bin (= the one assigned to the workcenter) and the inbound bin. But not the bins assigned to the other workcenters.

"How do I restrict users to mandatorily drag and drop HU in their bin (Do I have any assignment for storage bin to user somewhere?)"

Good question. On a first quick trial, I did not find a limitation what you can do in the inbound bin, and I can not find a setting which enforces me to move the HU to "my" bin. I would think this is not possible to control in the standard..

Best regards

Juergen

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hmm... if so then other than achieving a bit of organized business process,there are not much use of having multiple work centers for same activity.

Juergen, Can multiple resources work on same work center simultaneously or it will be locked out ?

How can I use concept of work center group , I could not find relevant help online for configuration.