cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning view creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Excel addin I could not see custom keyfigures which i have created in model config.

How do we create Planning views for custom planning area & View the same in Excel addin?

Thanx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

Have you added the Custom Planning Area in the excel add in, i.e below the URL?

Or do a look up and select your custom planning area.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

In Excel addin, I have selected - New View - without template on current sheet.

In next sheet, I could not see Planning levels & keyfigures i have created in Model config.

Do we need to assign it seperately ?

Planning objects are completely active.

Keyfigure is a baseline keyfigure.

Thanx.

0 Kudos

Hi Karthi

Can you send us the connection screen shot and the name of planning area you using?

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have craeted a custom planning area. attached screenshot has some details.

Thanx.

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthi

The attributes and key figures are visible in the excel. Can you tell me the user you are using? Kindly review the role and visibility filter set up for the user.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

My user has 'All_inclusive' Role & visibility filter is 'view all data'.

There is no issue with authorisation.

Thanx.

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthi

Can you attach the screenshot what you see after you click on new Planning view without templates? I was able to see the attributes/key figures in the your system without any issues.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Could you please ensure that you are connected to the right planning area?

You could easily double check this by using the following in any planning view =SOP_Planning_Area.

Rgds,

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ghita,

Double click on Planning view in Excel addin takes me to new view creation.

I have to create a template based on my planning area.

How do we assign my custom planning area to this template ?

So I can see custom keyfigures & Planning levels i have created.

Thanx

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As Vivek suggested, please check that you switched the planning area from the IBP add on connection. Below, next to Planning Area, you should see the one you created...

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthi

I think now I understand what you are doing wrong here. You need to choose the planning area before logging into the excel and I assume you didn’t select anything. System takes the default planning area and hence you are logged into the planning area SAP2.

As you are logged into the planning area SAP2 and hence you don’t see anything related to your customer planning area. Kindly refer to the attached screenshot to choose your custom planning area. The templates you create here are for the planning area you selected at the time of logon to excel. Hence, there is no need to assign the templates to the planning area.

Thanks
Parveen Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Here are the connection details of Excel that I had requested yesterday.

You need to include your planning area..i.e replace the one which says T20.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

I'm not sure I got you right: You have a planning area that you can access via excel addin. You created some key figures in that planning area that are not available for planning view definition. Is that correct? If yes, how are your key figures defined? Are they time-dependent? If not, you will not be able to see them in excel, only in Analytics. If you defined a helper key figure, this key figure is not available in excel either.

Cheers,

Jonathan