cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-populate text in Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I'm trying to figure out how to default text in the customer master in order for the text to auto populate on every sales order created in VA01. I need the text to go on the header level for order confirmation that sends direct to the customer. I tried doing the following but no luck:

1) Going to XD02

2) After populating the customer information, I go to the Sales Area Data at top

3) Extras -> Text

***The text options appears but it doesn't list all the text fields I need

***Is there a way from here to insert a new text line and cross-link it to the text indicated on the sales order? ***

In an old SAP system I used a Z-code of ZOTC_SALESTEXT with a description of Edit/Create Customer Service Notes

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ZOTC_SALESTEXT is custom transaction that you left behind in the old system when you changed your project or client.

If can get the program, you can create same t-code in new sap system as well or ask your abaper to write a simple program.

If you want to default something in customer data, then you have use user exit or badi. But if you want data should flow from customer master to sales order.. use sap standard text determination process. For e.g. you can check document below

Defining Text Procedure in SD - ERP SD - SCN Wiki

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not quite sure what the question is exactly - the title says "populate text in Customer Master" but then in the post it appears you are talking about copying the text from customer master to the sales order.

If it's the later then it's a simple configuration in text determination, I believe. Have you searched SCN and read documentation before posting?

P.S. Also we can't possibly know what custom transactions do in your system - either old or new, sorry!

Message was edited by: Jelena Perfiljeva