cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchie Header formatted bold

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have  a simple cross table within DS 1.5 presenting a Hierarchie node and the Level below.

I want to format the Hierarchie node row - the "total" -  in bold letters - like a total row usually would be.

Is there a easy way to do this?

At the Moment it is plain as the rest of the cr-table.

I know ERs to  do more easy formatting are already accepted...

But I would need easy formatting right now 😉

- Wobi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I know I can do a lot with CSS - but I don't want to put additional dependencies into the - app - the css has to be maintained, copied, rights need to be granted - the css needs to be tested against the used browsers...- and that only for a bold text seems a high price to pay. That's why I look for a SIMPLE solution.

- Wobi

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Wobi - understood; but once you have a comfortable CSS style you can create your own template that can be reused...something to think about.

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

I can understand your desire for a simple solution, particularly when it comes to avoiding CSS because this can lead to the need for quite low level coding and the issues you have mentioned.

Usually, the simple solutions are achieved when the desired functionality is included as a standard feature, such as a bold property for the totals rows.  Since this does not exist, unfortunately I don't think there is a truly simple solution for your requirement, with CSS probably being the only practical (but perhaps painful) option available.

Although not an immediate solution, of course you could also raise the requirement in the Design Studio Idea Place.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Tammy: Yeah -this could be a way to go  - but at the moment  I am confused about the browser support lines for SAP BO BI. JAVA is banned from Chrome. A lot of new Features in LUMIRA need IE 11. So which browser could be a valid standard to develop?

wobi, wondering

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Wobi - I am still using Chrome myself...not sure how the Java ban applies with Design Studio?  I think Chrome is the best overall, still.  But please note I am not a developer...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep Chrome looks good - but since I am also with webi the java ban will be a probolem - also when some features - as Download a Lumira file from BI server to be opened in your own lumira client  need JAVA to work ...

Wobi

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wobi - you can re-enable the Java in Chrome - that is what I did - Java and Google Chrome Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes for the time beeing this is still possible: but: QUOTE: Recently, Google has revised their plans and now state that they plan to completely remove NPAPI by late 2015. As it is unclear if these dates will be further extended or not, we strongly recommend Java users consider alternatives to Chrome as soon as possible.

- so soon this may be ending anyway...?!

Wobi

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree - I've seen that too; but we still use Chrome today.  Something to ask SAP next month at the ASUG conference

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wobi - you could try using Cascading Style Sheets -  CSS - see Design Studio 1.4 CSS colors in Crosstab | SCN - in that I used colors, but probably using similar CSS for bold would work too. 

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi wobi,

As tammy said, using CSS to get this done will be easier in design studio.

Thanks,
Nithyanandam