Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI's for Insert meter reading and generate Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am new to SAP.

For Gas meter reading I need some Standard BAPI with input parameter for below points,

1. Standard BAPI to get pending MRO (Meter Reading Orders).

2. Insert Meter Reading using standard BAPI and also need to generate invoice for same meter reading.

If any one can provide information or BAPI names with details then it would be great help to me.

Regards,

Nirmal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are we talking about SAP IS-U(tilities)? If yes, then:

BAPI_MTRREADDOC_GETLIST and

BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD

may be helpful.

Invoices are NOT generated for meter readings, but rather for Contract Accounts (for billed Contracts or Installations). I don't think there are BAPIs for triggering/executing Billing and Invoicing, but you can take a look at (create own wrappers for) BOR Objects (transaction SWO1) BILLINGDOC or BILLDOCAUT, and PRINTDOC for ISU Invoice.

EDIT in: BAPI explorer is helpful...

cheers

Jānis

Message was edited by: Jānis B

7 REPLIES 7

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried looking through the 'BAPI' transaction? They are all listed in there, with documentation.

cheers

Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I have already looked for 'BAPI' Transaction, but it is not useful.

If you have any more details for above query then please share.

Regards,

Nirmal

0 Kudos

Hi,

How is it not helpful? It lists every BAPI available and groups them by functionality.

It also tells you what they do, and what their parameters are.

I don't think anyone here will be able to do any better. Do you think there is a secret BAPI stash we dip into occasionally?

cheers

Paul;.

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are we talking about SAP IS-U(tilities)? If yes, then:

BAPI_MTRREADDOC_GETLIST and

BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD

may be helpful.

Invoices are NOT generated for meter readings, but rather for Contract Accounts (for billed Contracts or Installations). I don't think there are BAPIs for triggering/executing Billing and Invoicing, but you can take a look at (create own wrappers for) BOR Objects (transaction SWO1) BILLINGDOC or BILLDOCAUT, and PRINTDOC for ISU Invoice.

EDIT in: BAPI explorer is helpful...

cheers

Jānis

0 Kudos

Hello Janis,

Thanks for your reply.

I also found the same for meter reading get and upload BAPI.

For Invoice I tried a lot but still not able to find the BAPI for invoice creation and printing.

I want to know more about Invoices are generated for meter reading using BAPI.

1. Is there any standard BAPI or any way to create new BAPI for generating invoice of meter reading?

2. How we can generate wrapper as you mentioned?

Regards,

Nirmal

0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, but I have to ask you at this point: has your employer sent you for any SAP IS-U training at all..? The reason I'm asking is simple: SCN is not supposed to be (and in the case of relatively complex processes like IS-U Billing and Invoicing simply can not be) a replacement for training (and experience in programming for IS-U). You simply must  have certain minimum of basic IS-U knowledge in order to be effective.

The phrase "Invoices are generated for meter reading" IMO makes no sense in IS-U context. It betrays IMO lack of understanding the basic terms, the IS-U entities involved, and the high level processes involved: IS-U Billing process, and ISU Invoicing process specifically. Reading SAP IS-U Documentation I've linked to is, unfortunately, not a replacement for training and experience either...

IS-U Billing bills Contracts (Billing Orders) and produces Billing Documents. Yes, the consumption to be billed can come from Meter Readings, so one could still say: "billing the readings". But Invoicing works with Billing Documents (and FI-CA Accounting Documents, SD Billing Documents or external Billing Documents), it invoices Invoicing Orders (for Contract Accounts). So the phrase "Invoices are generated for meter reading" IMO makes no sense whatsoever...

If you do not have the basic IS-U knowledge, then whoever put you on this task (which I suspect is programming some kind of custom "Meter Reading-to-Invoice" process) is acting highly irresponsponsibly and I don't really want to be part of it then... For two main reasons: 1) I suspect we will not get very far; 2) even if you manage to programm something, it will be nightmare to support.

But to answer your specific question: to the best of my knowledge, as of IS-U 605 (EHP5 for SAP Utilities) there are no BAPIs for IS-U Billing Document and IS-U Utilities Invoice. There are, however, so called BOR Objects:

BILLDOCAUT for Billing Document:

PRINTDOC for Utilites Invoice (aka Print Document)

which implement the functions you might be looking for.

PRINTDOC (and the Create method specifically) are released for customers. BILLDOCAUT is not in the status 'released', but William Eastman has suggested it on SCN several times, so I guess it's ok to use it in custom scenarios.

I would, however, recommend to also program simple custom wrapper functions (Z BAPIs if you will) for the required BOR Methods, rather than call them directly in whatever application code you need to program. You will, of course, also need to learn to program with BOR objects in order to use them.

Please don't be discouraged by my response and try to do the best you can do in the circumstances (I will try to help), but if you don't have enough specific IS-U knowldge, then you are not up to the task, I'm afraid...

EDIT in: Program RSWOCLNT demonstrates how to use the macros to call the BOR object "methods"... You can't generate wrappers for BOR object methods; you need to programm them.

Good luck and cheers,

Janis

0 Kudos

Also, if you are working in some "Process Integration" context, where you have to call "services" from outside IS-U system, you might want to look at SAP Utilities Enterprise Services Documentation (EN only). I have no experience with this stuff whatsoever, but after a cursory look, IS-U Billing is not covered (as of EHP7) - only Meter Reading and Invoicing is. Meter Reading and Invoicing (so called single Billing of Utilities Contract and Creation of Utility Invoice) are covered.

I must say that SAP's own terminoglogy as to what is when deemed "billing" and what "invoicing" in SAP Utilities seems to all over the place, which likely makes it unnecessarily difficult for somebody having little experience to understand what's going on and what the documentation actually talks about...

cheers

Janis