cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DateField component couldn't resolve reference in Sap Design Studio 1.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using Design Studio version 1.5 (64 bit).

I want to use datefield component but it is not resolved in the script editor window. Error message is "Couldn't resolve reference to Variable 'DATEFIELD_1'."

Screenshot is below.

What may be the problem?

Regards,

Keraban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keraban,

This is some kind of common issue.

Please erase the scripts and type again, this will be fixed.

Sometimes, Removing those blank rows and empty spaces will fix this issue.
I don't know what might the reason behind this issue, sometimes DS behaves in unnatural way.

Added to that, Date-field component can be used in Start-up, Because scripts in "On start-up" will be executed only after the components are initialized.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks,

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

I tried but not working.

Regards,

Keraban

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Never mind, it doesn't obstacle my work. It is running on browser anyway. And that's enough for me now

Thanks all,

Keraban

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keraban,

I'm not able to replicate your issue.  In which event script have you coded the script shown in your screenshot?

Regards,

Mustafa.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mustafa beat me to it

Keraban - please share some more context of your application

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a test application. I have added a datefield and a textbox on page. And later I coded below code in on startup event. That's all.

var myDate= DATEFIELD_1.getDate();

TEXT_1.setText( myDate + " xxx" );

And When I execute the dashboard, it is running without error on browser.

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keraban,

Checking for the selected date in the On Startup event of the application is probably too early in the cycle for the component to be recognised.  Is there a reason why you have placed the code here?  The more appropriate place to check for the date is in the On Select event of the Date Field.  If you place your code there it will work.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried on select event. Same error.

Regards,

Keraban

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now that's interesting.  I just tried placing your exact code in my own test application, in both the On Startup and On Select events.  In both cases it works fine for me without giving any script errors.

I wonder if you have a corrupt installation of DS 1.5?  Did you try restarting Design Studio and recreating your test application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I tried restarting and recreating.

I am going to re-setup again.