cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calibration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can any one tell me or provide link for calibration for textile industry i am not able to explain to the user about calibration like mic,sampling procedure and usage decision so please can some one give suggestion how can i rectify this problem from the users.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Just as an FYI your posting had been reported as beign in the wrong space as well as for not having searched for the info you needed.

I was on the fence on this but decided to let this go through.

Calibration is a dual functionality between QM and PM.  So I can't say you're in the wrong space for sure.

But a lot of the replies you got prior to the posting being reported, are giving you links that should have been readily found by a search.

But I'm not sure they are really what your are looking for either.But if you understand the process, then I'm not sure how we can help you explain it to users.  If you don't understande yourself, the you do need the documents posted and in that case, it might be considered as a failure to search.

Can  you please either provide more info, or get this discusssion closed.

Thanks!

Moderator - Craig

arunsapqm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Pls check this llink

Thanks & Regards

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

This is general calibration process. Refer below links

Creation of a Calibration Order - Customer Service (CS) - SAP Library

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maia Terence,

Thanks for your replay can u please elaborate about mic,sampling procedures i am unable to tell the user if you don't mine can u please tell me how can i explain.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

This is difficult to explain. I have given below another link with screenshot, kindly test the scenarios in your system and using the link which i have provided earlier.

Regards

Terence

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan, The contents provided in above links are really self explanatory and quite useful. Though below is the brief conceptual explanation about MIC and Sampling procedure,

• MIC - This is short form of Master Inspection Characteristic and is created using transaction code QS21. MIC typically refers to the inspection parameter that you want to inspect. e.g. if you are calibrating Vernier Caplier then the MIC could be DIAMETER or LENGTH which typically you inspect with the caliper after calibration to verify whether it is giving the correct results or not. What MIC you should create that depends on the type of instrument you are using. And while creating MIC you can also define the tolerances

• Sampling Procedure - To arrive at conclusion if the calibration instrument is giving correct results or not, you might take 4 or 5 readings of the same master sample piece after calibration. If you want to record all these readings then you should use sampling procedure as FIXED5. So you have to first be ready with the facts that how many readings you want to capture. According to that sampling procedure needs to be defined.

Anand