cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas 2.0 SP03 Transport Path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to gain an insight into the transport path for Personas across a three tier landscape, we have installed

Personas 2.0 and SP03.  In the DEV system, we have installed Personas in Client 200 (golden client) and Client 300.

We have built and tested the flavors in Client 300 (test client) because this contains all the transactional data which has

supported us with developing the flavors and scripts.

To move these across our landscape into QAL we have performed the following steps:

1. Exported Flavors built in DEV Client 300
  2. Imported Flavors built in DEV Client 200 (golden client)
  3. Recreated the Groups in DEV Client 200 (golden client)
  4. Created a transport for groups and Flavors from DEV 200 (golden client)
  5. Created a transport for Screen ID Overwrite Rules DEV 200 (golden client)
  6. Transported into QAL

This seems to have worked for us however I am trying to firm up the transport path if we were to make further changes or

corrections to the Flavors that already exist in the QAL system.  In theory,  I think we can make the modifications in DEV 300 to the

existing Flavors, delete the Flavors in DEV 200 so copies are not created when re-importing to the Golden Client, then import the modified

Flavors into DEV 200.  Continue with Step 4 which should then push out these changes into QAL.  However my concern is that the Flavor ID's

will change as a result of the import into DEV 200 and when transported into QAL, it will create copies rather than modifying the existing Flavors?

Any thoughts on this or even the standard best practice transport route?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also do my flavour development in our equivalent of your client 300, where the data is. But I transport directly from there and don't try to put the flavours in the golden client. I don't see a good reason to do that.

If you really need them in your client 200 I would use SCC1 to transport them from 300 (or use export/import as you do now), but continue development in 300 and transport updates from there.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve, makes sense.

Answers (0)