cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mixed storage type for Batch materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Which is the best put away strategy for mixed storage for batch managed materials for self storage.

Currently I , tried with

Putaway strategy I, Mixed storage X add to existing stock X Capacity check 4

Problem is system always selects next empty bin there is space in partially occupied bins.

Need your help on this, as I am new to WM.

thank you

Rayudu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your business requirement at what level you want to mix the stock, bin level or  SU Level, Multiple batch in one bin without SU, single batch per SU but multiple SU in one bin  ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manish,

Requirement is Multiple batches in one bin without SU and with capacity check.

Material is batch managed.

Thanks

Rayudu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mixed storage is not allowed for strategy I, see the last sentence in the docu: Strategy I: Addition to Existing Stock - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rayudu,

As it's not SU managed, mixed storage is possible as "X" or " " . As per your requirement, multiple batch has to be stored so it should be "X". If the putaway strategy is "I" then system does not propose automatically the bin where the other batch is existing, but if you provide manually the existing bin, system will allow. If you want the storage to be self storage and also system has to pick the existing bin, the available option is to change Stock Placement strategy to "C" , and in this case system will propose the bin containing the same material but diff. batch. but negative point is that capacity check will not be active in SKU level, it will be at SKU-BAtch level. If you use strategy "I" capacity check will be active at SKu level but there will be no check to restrict multiple materials to be in same bin.

As by customization, your requirement is partially fulfilled, you should go for ABAP coding to achieve your goal.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all suggestions and achieved using user exit MWMTO003.

- Rayudu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your issue is solved then please close the discussion as described in

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Primary counter-question comes whether Warehouse & the Storage Type is SU managed or not, as requested by Mr. Manish.