cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customised Picking Strategy FIFO in SAP WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client is having hub and Depot as plants from where STO is done

For every hub and STO, warehouse is assigned.

Client is doing STO from Hub to Hub, Depot to Depot and Hub to Depot

Sometimes the material is received in the hub w.r.t. Purchase Order from ABC Vendor and then transferred to the Depot. Sometimes the material is directly procured at the Depot from ABC Vendor

Whenever the material is received in the hub or Depot the GRN is done. It will have some GRN date.

·         Assume my Hub plant 1000 is receiving XYZ material from ABC vendor on 01/06/2015 of 50 quantity and my depot 2000 is receiving XYZ material from ABC vendor on 10/07/2015 of 50 quantity

·         Now there is sudden requirement of 100 quantity at my depot 2000 which is far away from my hub

·         I am doing STO of 50 quantity from my Hub 1000 to Depot 2000

·         After receiving the material I will do the GR at Depot 2000 for 50 Quantity

·         I am receiving this material on 20/07/2015 date which is my GR date for my material XYZ

·         But in actual I have received the material XYZ in Hub on 01/06/2015; so this is old stock in my company

·         If I compare the stock dates for Depot then I will have XYZ material stock of two dates i.e. 10/7/2015 and 20/7/2015 which is actually (01/06/2015 – Old Stock)

·         When I doing PGI to customer on 25/07/2015 and Since WM is implemented then I first want to remove the stock which I have received from Hub 1000  on 01/06/2015 which is old stock and received in Depot on 20/07/2015 and then want to remove the stock which I have received on 10/07/2015 at Depot

Client want to use the FIFO or any customized strategy to remove materials using this requirement

Here client wants to do the following for all STO movements between plants.

·         Captures GR Date where material has received at the beginning at Supplying Plant while PGI for STO

·         Use this GR Date at the receiving plant while GRN/Putaway in WMS only.

Kindly suggest on this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder how you want solve this requirement without batch management. Please read my blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jürgen L

Gone through the document published by you

It will not fulfill my requirement

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course you cannot change easily from non-batch managed to batch managed - but without batch management you have no option to track different dates at all.

It is standard SAP that the GR date in a quant is the GR date which was used when the quant gets created, hence the quant is not the right place if you have a strict FIFO requirement

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit

You can also use batch classification to store your first goods receipt, then using classification you can do batch determination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

Please maintain Manufacturing date in Batch Master which will meet your criteria and system will pick the old manufactured stock in FIFO logic.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I this implementation, there is no Batch management or serial number management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I this implementation, there is no Batch management or serial number management.