cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to paste value in text field. Personas 1.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to copy value and paste that value in another screen. I am getting the error "failed to set value."

I have created a screen with some custom fields. Then I am copying value batch value from that custom screen and trying to paste it in MB1B transaction screen.

I an attaching the script bellow. please help!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't mention what step of the script you get the error message, but you might want to put a 'Refresh Screen'  after Step 8 and Step 12, to see if that resolves your issue.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanks for quick reply.

I am facing issue with Step 20. I have already tried refreshing the screen. but it didn't work.

Swathi

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you confirm if screen control into which you are pasting (in step 20) is rendered and also there are no popups or error message due to previous step? Because if there is error/warning or popups then all controls on screen go to read only mode until fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no popups and error messages coming before that step. 

Swathi.

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I do not have access to this transaction so am unable to help any further. I see that Chinthan is on the case, so if anyone can help resolve this, Chinthan can i'm sure of it.

hope it gets sorted

Ian

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that control or its parent (container like groupbox in which it was originally present) to which you are pasting in step 20 hidden?

You can debug the script by adding JS alert in step 20 to see if it is reaching till there (to see if issue is due to error or popups in previous steps) and a step to enter value  to same control used in step 20 (to see if there issue is due to control)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

The fields are in a group box which will be visible on some condition.

but when this script runs every time that group box will be visible.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you to log a message with details and system connection to check in detail.

Thanks

Chinthan