Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to verify email notifications logs in SAP MDM Workflows

chennar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My issue is one of the end-user is not getting the email notifications from MDM after the Approvers approve the data changes from the SAP Portal.

Everything works fine for other user except this user.

I believe there is no error in configuration of MDS.ini and I have verified the email address in MDM Console and even tried deleting the user and creating once again in Console.

Please let me know where do I check for the Email notifactions logs to verify whether the email is sent to this particular user.

Also please tell me how to resolve this particular incident.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Channa R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Channa,

Please tweak the below parameter value to some higher value -

Mail SMTP Timeout

Number. Number of seconds the SimpleMail client waits for a response from the mail server before aborting a mail task. The repository is locked during this period. Default is 1.

Post this please restart the MDS and test if notification mails get sent.

Thanks,

Ravi

chennar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Have asked the Basis team to modify the parameter.

Will update you once done it may take few days.

Regards,

Channa R

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chennar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is resolved now. The mail notifications were sent from Portal(Listeners) based on the separate role assigned in Console to the users other then the roles needed for actions performed by the user against the products.

Thanks for Bala and Ravi for the Helpful answers.

Regards,

Channa R

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Channa,

You mentioned that the email is working for other users. So hope all the SMTP configuration activities would have been done properly in mds.ini.

Is the email id is provided correctly and working? Can you check?

What is the MDM workflow performing? Can you check if you have assigned the user correctly?

Try to differentiate between the roles that you have provided for other user and the user which is not working.

Also check if there is any restriction done for this username in Roles & Functions

There is nice blog written by Saurabh Kumar: Please check the same:

Thanks

Bala

chennar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Yes, The email id of the user is correct.

Logic of workflow is as below:

The workflow is for creation of new materials based on the product category. User raises a new product creation request from Portal by accepting the ownership of the workflow.

Once the user submits the request branches according to Manufacturing Plant codes and then merges for Approvers team. Once the approver approves it the user should get the mail in his inbox saying your product has been created.

Today user updated me the same error is there for few users who creates this particular product category materials.

Please find the workflow attached with the approve step properties and tell me if I am missing anything here..

Thanks and Regards,

Channa R

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Channa,

Can you try to login to the datamanager for the "User" for whom the email notificaiton is not triggered?

And initiate/launch the workflow from datamanager and check if he gets the email notification?

Thx

Bala

chennar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Logged into Data Manager with the user credentials and triggered the workflow.

The workflow is completed from the approver team in the portal but still no luck.

Regards,

Channa R