cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Approval and Activation of Change Requests in MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

How can we implement auto approval and activation of change requests in MDG ?

For example, for MDG-C, lets say requester changes street and house number, and then clicks 'submit' button. Just after the click of submit button customer should get updated in the database tables (which actually happens after final activation).

So what I want is, on updation of few given attributes, the change request workflow should not go and stop for approval, rather system runs the activation of that CR and thus data gets updated in ECC database tables.

Is this feasible, if yes then how ?

Regards,

Swati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Yes, we need to create a new CR type for update customer in MDG by copying the standard one.

Also, to read the UI related field data like House number or street , we need to use the BADI:Rule Context preparation for RBWF and write the code for reading  the data from the UI using it.

And for the direct activation, in the Single Value Decision table, you can put the step number 91 directly against the CR previous step 00 in the same row and complete the workflow.

I think by doing this you can achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Satyam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To use a different workflow template with an existing CR type is OK. You don't need a new CR type if your process changed.

MDG Rule-Based workflow template will work for your requirements. First, you need to enhance the BRF+ application to add the fields you want to check. You can use this document to learn how to do that: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-14881.

Then, you need to implement a decision table that routes the workflow step according to what fields were changed. To learn more about how to fill MDG Rule-Based workflow decision tables, you can use the above link and see this one: How to Fill MDG Rule-Based Workflow Decision Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

This is possible in rule base workflow . You can assign activation step only to instead of submission

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, RBWF is the first thing one could think of. But for this one special case, how would you direct the RBWF to straight-away to go Activation step ?

For any Update Customer CR, I have set up 3 level of approvals. It gets activated at the 3rd level.

Now for this case, when only 'street or house number' is updated then directly execute WF from Activation step. How can this be achieved ? can you please suggest something ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

This is also possible using BADI. I am not sure about BADI name so if you want second RBWF for selected fields you can define another RBWF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a new RBWF i need to create new CR Type. Is it ?

But for the existing CR Type of Update Customer, I will not be able to achieve this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's true