cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup on external disk is terminating with error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Experts.

I have configured the backup of solution manager to external disk, if i run it in uncompressed mode the offline backup through DB13 is getting failed, O.S is windows 2008 server. I am attaching the Backup log file, request you help resolve the issue

Thanks & Regards

Mohd.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding this issue/question, you can also check the SAP Note 1173119 - "New function in BR*Tools to replace MKS tools".

Regards,

Bíborka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Biborka.

I have checked init<DBSID>.sap the parameters stated in SAP Note 1173119 arwe already existing.

@Andrea - as per your suggestion is have changed the compress_cmd = "D:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\compress -c $ > $" but still the error persists.

@Fedel/James: could you please eloborate you suggestion so that issue can be resolved, please help.

Thanks

Mohd Basis

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you READ the log file, you can see that the error is:

BR0201I Compressing D:\ORACLE\SOL\SAPDATA1\SR3_1\SR3.DATA1

BR0203I to G:\Backups\solbackup\beratise\SR3.DATA1.Z ...

BR0278E Command output of 'D:\usr\sap\SOL\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\mkszip -c D:\ORACLE\SOL\SAPDATA1\SR3_1\SR3.DATA1 > G:\Backups\solbackup\beratise\SR3.DATA1.Z':

'D:\usr\sap\SOL\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\mkszip' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

it is telling that it cannot find the command that YOU have provided to compress, so it cannot do what YOU asked it to do

Compress is also not a windows command therefore it also will not work.

if you want to compress you have to provide it with a TOOL TO DO THE COMPRESSION otherwise it will fail. I assume this is pretty clear, isn't it?

you ask HOW TO SOLVE it.

1.- do not compress

2.- if you want to compress provide it with a tool to compress.

3.- READ the note provided by Biborka and apply it.

not difficult if you put a little interest and do not expect we do all your work

Former Member
0 Kudos

bad day hun?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Fidel.

As all in this forum knows, it is to get help on the issue we are stuck on so i raised it, it doesn't mean that i am asking anyone to work.

I have just asked your suggestion as the suggestion you have given before didn't much helped me, even i am putting efforts to solve the issue, there is no point that you behave like this in an UN-professional way.

If you don't wish to help keep quit no one is forcing you.

Anyways still Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohd

in the end, is your issue fixed or not?

cheers

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

do the following command exist on the mentioned directory?

D:\usr\sap\SOL\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\mkszip

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

do you have this file D:\usr\sap\SOL\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\mkszip? are you able to manually execute this command D:\usr\sap\SOL\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\mkszip?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd

i think you have init<sid>.sap with the parameter compress = yes

anyway like i said in another thread try to set compress_cmd = "D:\usr\sap\ID9\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\compress -c $ > $"

in case you have still troubles, attached your  init<sid>.sap

Let me know

cheers

a