cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable transformation and datasource with infopackage running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I m working with BW 7.4 SP7. We have process chain with infopackage running.

When a change in R3 tables of the data source occurs always the process chain fail because the transformation becomes disable.   So the data load from datasource to DSO fail.I have to activate to continue.

I guess the new version 7.4 repites metadata with the infopackage running. Its possible it? This happenes in production environment and it´s annoying.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_szajko
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ben

With the recent Support Packages the InfoPackage triggers a metadata replication automatically if the DataSource on BW side does not match the one in the source system.

This means, that if a structural change is made to the extractor in the R/3 system the InfoPackage detects this and then does a metadata replication.

As there was a structural change the impact handler deactivates the transformation and the corresponding DTP. This is needed, since the InfoPackage does not know what exactly has been changed. This is especially the case where a field has been deleted, which was already mapped in the transformation. If this is deleted from the datasource the transformation cannot work.

This functionality is available in all releases (7.0x, 7.3x and 7.4x).

br

Roland

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Are you trying to say that change is happening in the Datasource ?

if it is then you will be aware of that and you should send replicated Datasource changes to Production.

Activating Datasource and Transformation directly in Production is not recommended.

if Datasource changes then Transformation will also get deactivated.

Please let me know about more about your issue so that i can look into it

Regards,

Kishanlal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kishan,

Yes, it is a example the change in the datasource.  I´m aware the changes in production. The problem is that the datasource changes with the infopackage running like repeat metadata.

If i repeat the infopackage in development environment happens the same. Then I send the changes to Production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

The Example which you gave suggest that you are trying to convert lowercase to Upper case.

First Point this should not be changed in the Datasource and if you enable that checkbox in Datasource then it makes Datasource inacitve and ultimately your transformation.

Can you write a simple formula which is available in field routine (TOUPPER (your Infoobject name) ) which will convert your lower case to upper case.

Dont change the Datasource.

Regards,

Kishanlal Kumawat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishan,

I don´t try anything, this is de change that i see when i run the infopackage. In R3 is other work team. The change in BW is automatic. Roland is correct.

thanks anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear YES,

I communicated the same thing in previous post that of Data source changes in Source system then it will affect your BW Objects.... But anyways you should be aware what changes are happening in your Datasource right....Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishan,

You told me:

First Point this should not be changed in the Datasource and if you enable that checkbox in Datasource then it makes Datasource inacitve and ultimately your transformation.

Can you write a simple formula which is available in field routine (TOUPPER (your Infoobject name) ) which will convert your lower case to upper case.

Dont change the Datasource

I know that the changes in Source system affect BW Objects, The important here is that:

With the recent Support Packages the InfoPackage triggers a metadata replication automatically if the DataSource on BW side does not match the one in the source system.

This means, that if a structural change is made to the extractor in the R/3 system the InfoPackage detects this and then does a metadata replication.

Anyway you are correct with I should be aware what changes are happening. The modified fields in datasource are not used in transformation to DSO so it does not affect me.

Thanks Kishan.

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't think this issue is related to your Bi version.

Is it a standard datasource or a generic one.

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks M, is a generic datasource. But i have no idea why it happens. True, this is not often that happens, only when change a data element that already exist. No for new fields.

Thanks

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

generic based on? and the dump in BI is? type of dso?

could you please provide all the info... not really in the mood to pick...

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

based on infoset FAGLFLEXA, BKPF, T0001 and WITH_ITEM. DSO type 0FITX_O03 but not exactly the same.

For example, this is de datasource and when i run the infopackage change the flag marked in the column lowercase. After this the transformation is disable.

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as i said before... not really in the mood to pick...

you do not provide enough info concerning the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks, unfortunalety i have no more information. Just wanted to know if this behavior was common in the 7.4, but i see that it seems not.