Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Disable transformation and datasource with infopackage running

Hi gurus,

I m working with BW 7.4 SP7. We have process chain with infopackage running.

When a change in R3 tables of the data source occurs always the process chain fail because the transformation becomes disable.   So the data load from datasource to DSO fail.I have to activate to continue.

I guess the new version 7.4 repites metadata with the infopackage running. Its possible it? This happenes in production environment and it´s annoying.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

replied

Hi Ben

With the recent Support Packages the InfoPackage triggers a metadata replication automatically if the DataSource on BW side does not match the one in the source system.

This means, that if a structural change is made to the extractor in the R/3 system the InfoPackage detects this and then does a metadata replication.

As there was a structural change the impact handler deactivates the transformation and the corresponding DTP. This is needed, since the InfoPackage does not know what exactly has been changed. This is especially the case where a field has been deleted, which was already mapped in the transformation. If this is deleted from the datasource the transformation cannot work.

This functionality is available in all releases (7.0x, 7.3x and 7.4x).

br

Roland

2 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question