Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

showing error - assessable value 0 for material in j1if13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the time of creating subcontracting challan assessable value taken zero. Sub contracting challan created on financial year 2013.that time assessable value not maintained against that material intcode-j1id . So that assessable value taken zero. Now I want to reverse that challan.But showing error “assessable value 0 for material XXXXXX”.

How I reverse that challan???

Thanks & Regards,

Bubai.

21 REPLIES 21

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain Accessible Value in J1ID for that Material & Plant combination and check once again.

0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

Maintain assessable value in J1ID for that material & plant combination. But showing same error.

0 Kudos

Check Valid from date and Currency as well Value is correctly maintained for the said Material & Plant Combination.

0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I have maintained valid from date -01.01.2012 and Currency-INR as well value is correctly maintained against Said material & plant combination.

But still showing same error.

0 Kudos

What is the Tax procedure you are using?

Can you share the Error message screenshot and J1ID Accessible value screenshot for better understanding..

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Screenshots not clearly visible. Please post bigger screenshots for clear viewing.

0 Kudos

In addition, please check the below points.

1) Ensure Accessible Value is maintained for the Material codes used in the Chalan with a valid date.

2) Ensure that you have selected the option "Accessible Value Table First then Excise invoice"

3) Ensure you have maintained the accounts for Transaction type 57NR in table J_1ITRNACC with Sub transaction type 01.

4) Ensure the GL accounts maintained in the above table have sufficient balances in FS10N.

5) If you are using TAXINJ, ensure you have maintained accessible value and Excise rates properly with valid date. If you are using TAXINN, ensure you have maintained condition records properly in FV11.

Please check all the above points and revert back to us provided if your problem still persists.

0 Kudos

Ensure that in J1ID, the Assessable Value is maintained for the period in which, the original document was generated

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

screenshot for your reference

0 Kudos

What is the error message number you are getting?

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Message no. 8I257

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have maintained assessable value & valid from -01.01.2012.But still getting this error. Assessable value maintain after challan creation.but challan is created on 03.04.2013. already 180 days gone. now i want to reverse it but showing error

Assesable value 0 for material ***********.

Message no. 8I257

Now i am unable to cancel/delete the subcontracting challan. Because showing error-

Return date is lapsed and reversal of modvat credit is pending

Message no. 8I268

Diagnosis

Attempt made to Delete or  Complete Subcontracting document  (57F4)
after the  expected return date.

Procedure

Post a JV document  (Path: J1IL -->  Excise JV --> 57F4 Doc - Non rcpt).

But in J1ih " Excise JV --> 57F4 Doc - Non rcpt" field is disable mode.

Please suggest what to do.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Bubai

0 Kudos

This has happened because you have ignored this warning message during Challan creation(J1IF01). Assesable value 0 for material RAW1

Message no. 8I257

For reversal in J1IF13 it will refer only the challan and not J1ID. Inside document the Excise base amount is Zero. So changing J1ID will not have impact.

try deleting this Challan in J1IF11 and creating a new Challan.

Otherwise you can edit the table to change the Excise base amount, but table edit is not recommended for reason of inconsistencies.

Try in test environment before doing in PRD.

Regards

Binoy

0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

You are right sir.

But already return date is lapsed so i am unable to cancel subcontracting challan by tcode-J1IF13

return date is 03.07.2014 already return date is gone.

So at the time of  cancelling challan it is showing error "

Return date is lapsed and reversal of modvat credit is pending"

Now what i do

1>Create a excise invoice against vendor or create a excise JV ??

Please suggest me.

Thanks for advance

Regards,

Bubai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All.

Waiting for your answer.

Thanks In advance.

Regards,

Bubai.

0 Kudos

First check whether the table J_1IEXCDTL has the Excise Duty Base Amount updated for the Subcontracting Chalan or not. If updated, check whether the Accessible value is maintained and is valid for the current Year / Month / Date. If not maintained, maintain it for current year  / month / date and check once again.

Also share your J1ID Maintain Accessible Value screenshot for the Subcontracting Material code with clear and bigger screenshots.

0 Kudos

Hi ashok ,

1. J_1IEXCDTL has the excise base amount maintain as =0 (zero) for the subcontracting challan.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

What is the Excise invoice date and Return date appearing in Chalan? Do you have any other entry maintained in Maintain Accessible Value node for the said Material and Plant combination or it has only One entry with date 01.01.2012?

You can debug the J1IF13 and check whether the Excise Base value is appearing or not? During Subcontracting Chalan Reversal, system will consider the Excise base as per the J1ID and not as per the Excise invoice.

Still you may put a value of 1 in J_1IEXCDTL and check the J1IF13 transaction what is the Excise base amount appearing Item Overview screen.

0 Kudos

Have you tried deleting this document in J1IF11

Regards

Binoy