cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify the modules to which the datasources belongs in SAP GRC AC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm new to GRC AC system and have started exploring it.

I have GRC 10.0 system and BW system.

I have to work on three modules - SPM , RAR and CUP and need to fetch the data from GRC to BW.

When I executed RSA5 in GRC system , what I saw is list of datasources placed all together.

As per my knowledge, datasources would be located inside there respective modules.

But here, I'm not seeing any division of modules.

In that case, how will I identify that the particular datasources belongs to which particular module.

Please guide me as I'm new to the GRC system.

Will be waiting for your answers.

Thanks & Regards,

Shruti Yendigeri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Could you let us know, if you were able to identify the DS. Since the DS, are right in front of you, would you still have any segregated list, for each module

Regards

plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

I'm feeling it difficult to identify modules for each datasource as all are placed together inside "GRC-AC10-TRANS".

Could you please give me hint or easy tips to identify its modules.

According to Harinam reply, my understanding is---  in grc 5.3, we can see the datasources inside there respective modules. So there we can see the different modules. Please correct me if M wrong as I do not have 5.3 system.

Thanks & Regards,

Shruti Yendigei

Former Member
0 Kudos

As of version 10.0, the GRC architecture is harmonized, therefore the "data source" is shared.  unlike GRC AC 5.x, The repository sync will bring back user,role and profile information from the back-end and the same information will be utilised between the different parts of Access Control.

Please refer to guides in the link below for some better information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

BW will need Transaction data, and hence GRC-AC10-TRANS  is applicable. you can see this DS contains the Reports and Logs.

regards

P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

Thanks. There are list of datasources in it.

But my doubt is how will I identify to which module does these datasources belongs?

Each datasource will belong to either of these modules - SPM , RAR and CUP,right?

So how to identify its respective module.

Thanks,

Shruti Yendigeri

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is a issue, worth spending time on.

And there are only 38 Data sources, that i find on GRC 10.1. sp5. And many of them have correct Description tagged to them. I think, only a few are common across modules.But their description is for a specific module. eg. 0GAC_ACTION_USAGE. This is applicable for all users. hence it is not specific EAM specific, as its desc. says.

Regards

Plaban