cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's a requirement from the client that after UD is done the stock posted will move to a Ztable. I am using the exit ZXQEVU09. There are inspection lots which are moving to the table. But there are also inspection lots which are not moving into the table. There are following two conditions based on which the material/inspection lot will be populated in the Ztable :

1. A particular material group is assigned in the logic.

2. Materials having units in "litre" only will move.

I am unable to identify why only specific inspection lots are moving into the table. Based on the selection criteria as mentioned above there are several inspection lots. For example say there are  10 inspection lots that satisfies the condition in the logic,out of which only 2 inspection lots have moved to the table. The ABAPer told me that the program is not hitting the exit. But then there are also some inspection lots being populated in the table, which means the exit was hit and worked perfectly. I am unable to find out or trace the reason against which the exit is not getting hit for some specific lots.

Kindly help if any idea.

Regards,

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul, I went through the all postings in this thread. As Martin says this is really difficult for anyone to decipher the logic unless the code is known. I will not go in to the details that why this solution was proposed or designed to create the new Z table if it is containing the same data that you would have surely extracted from the standard SAP tables or read BAPIs also. The fact is, as this is not standard SAP we are unable to find out the root cause here!

What I can suggest is,

• If you want to continue with the existing solution approach - You should debug the code again with ABAPer and check step by step outcomes for understanding how the data is flowing. The answer lies there in the debug only. Check earlier versions of the program if it was working fine earlier. Also have a look if someone has modified the code recently with new request.

• If you are ready to revisit the solution - I again agree with Martin here! You may fetch the data from standard SAP tables and give conditions in report code directly and can avoid the Z table creation. I believe that client may not give the requirement directly as they want new Z table. They would just give the report output format instead. It is consulting approach that we decide whether for this there is a need of new Z table creation or not! Sometimes there is a need and sometimes there'a not! I am not saying that the solution prescribed above is wrong (as the enough thought process must have been put in your case) but you need debugging to fix it up!

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your input. But it was in debugging also what we notice is , it is not going into EXIT. It is not understandable why it is not hitting the exit for the relevant Inspection Lot. Well scenario here is little different. So for some reason this ZTable is important for us and it was a work around solution. Strangely the issue is why after UD it is not going into exit instead it is bypassing it. That also it is not happening for all the inspection lots.

Regards,

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. The issue has been resolved using a different exit.

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

I doubt that there is a requirement from a customer that "stock is posted to a Z table". This is an IT solution for a (hopefully) defined business requirement.

If you want to have feedback on a good solution proposal you have to tell us the business requirement.

Regards

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Specific gravity is calculated for some materials which falls under a specific material group & Unit having "Litre". Now the requirement is when UD is performed in QA32 for this specific materials the values needs to be recorded in other Ztable also. Where respective inspection lot , material & its document number is picked up along with the specific gravity which has been recorded. This info is later used in a report.

There is a specific MIC DENSITY against which specific gravity is recorded. Now that MIC is a complete copy model.

Regards,

Rahul

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, and this is what I meant: if the information later is to be picked up by a report this does not necessarily require that it is stored in a Z table. If the specific materials can be identified to be moved to a Z table then this normally means that they also could be later identified to be picked up by a report directly. Your current solution creates duplicate data, which I doubt is useful. Not to speak about special transactions you need to consider to be implemented for you Z table, e.g. take back of a UD.

Rgards

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

It is actually not like that. Because client wants a separate table where they can find the Specific Gravity , Inspection lot, Material No & Unit. This data is not available in a particular table. And this table is used in a MM Report also other than a QM report. Now the issue is this ,that there are some data which got updated using the same exit. But it is not consistent.

Also as reported by the user, there are no inconsistency or any error at the user end while performing result recording & giving UD.

I am unable to trace the reason for which against some Inspection Lot the Exit is being hit & for some it is not. Though they satisfy the condition.

The result or the value is being picked up immediately after performing UD is because there are some run time data calculation , based upon the quantity posted into unrestricted. The main reason data can't be taken up or updated later form other table.

Here we have the following key things:

1. DENSITY (MIC) against which the specific gravity is recorded of a particular material.

2. The quantity of stock posted while performing UD.

Some material falling under the same group comes in KG & then gets converted into Litre as per a back ground calculation.

Regards,

Rahul

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

I do not know your requirement and solution in detail. I just point out that based on my experience this is not the best solution. With SAP standard objects it should also be possible to do calculations upon UD posting and storethe results into MICs of the inspection lot (this is where the data belongs to in my opinion).

As the inspection lot data is also stored in a table (but in a SAP standard table) I do not see the issue accessing this SAP standard table instead of your Z table.

And most likely you will not get help on your issue as this would require you provide us your coding and much more insight into your system. I do not think it would be a good idea to provide this here. If you want to stick with your current solution I would advise you to do some system/code traces together with your basis team.

Regards

MH