cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation Lanes in TP/VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have defined more than 10,000 routes in R/3. Now we are implementing TP/VS. How can we convert the routes into Transportation Lanes in TP/VS?

Are there any settings that make it possible to automatically create them? Therafter, we will have to assign at least one (or more) TSP, right?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to reward points to a forum question that I did not post?

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

dont think so

but you can start another thread as a question point it to this threas and request the person you want to award to reply to it

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paul,

Thanks for your help...

Does that mean I have to CIF over every customer also?

Is TP/VS "smart" enough to see the sales order at the deliverying plant and determine the ship to for this sales order? And use the destination for planning the shipments?

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

The customer should be CIF'd into the hierarchy, as i believe you stated you have done already.

The Sales Order creation in R/3 (standard SD processing) provides data such as requested delivery date of the customer, and transport planning dates. These are all passed to TPVS for use in planning. Therefore when looking at sales order date in transaction /SAPAPO/VS01, you will see sales order, date requested (and other dates), start location (plant) and the ship to (customer).

cheers

Paul

sebastian_goebel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

TP/VS doesn't have to determine the ship to for the sales order, it's already sent from R/3. However, you will have to integrate the customer with APO - otherwise the order will not be displayed in VS01 and you can not create a transportation lane to the customer (or assign it to a transportation zone).

Regards,

Sebastian

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paul,

My question is this:

How does APO or TPVS know what to ship to a customer if there is no demand at the customer.

The reason there is no demand at the customer, is that the sales orders show up in APO at the deliverying plant and NOT the customer.

So why would APO / TPVS ship product to the customer for no reason?

There has to demand for TPVS to process?

Do we have to modify CIF so that the sales orders show up at the customers?

Ken Snyder

kenneth_snyder@hotmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

APO knows what to ship base dupon the following,

1. A sales order comprises of demand, dates, to and from location, that is a plant and a ship to location.

2. APO connect these two via a transportation lane.

3. The demand is shown at the source location (plant) to enable the plannning of logistics execution activities.

4. the optimiser will plan to each customer based upon the cost profilesigned.

Therefore no need to modify the CIF or the sales order, simply ensure that the CIF inlcudes sales orders, shipments, customers and shipping points, In the TPVS planning transaction, all the sales orders will be displayed for each customer, with their respective demands, dates etc.

If this does not help enough let me know and maybe we can have a telephone conversation to help.

cheers

Paul

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did read the on line help.... But thanks for your suggestion.

I actually created the transp zone via CIF and the transp zone hierarchy.

But why / how does TPVS determine demand to ship to the transp zone if there is no demand?

The sales orders show up at the deliverying plant, so how does APO / TPVS determine the quantity / product to which customer?

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

TPVS is designed to react to the results of ATP, this should determine the amount of goods a customer is to receive. The purpose of TPVS is to maximise the use of the transport capacity (resource), and if permitted attempt to perform more than one drop off on a journey. If I understand your question correctly, you are asking how does TPVS determine if and what quantity a customer does receive, this is achieved via the cost profile assigned to an optimization profile. The cost profile will determine if a customer receives a quantity at all, by this I mean you can make the cost of not delivering the goods cheaper than the actual journey costs assigne tot eh transportation lane.

If you are already aware of this maybe it is best you send me the question and scenario you want to achieve with TPVS.

cheers

Paul

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have set up transportation zones and a transp zone hierarchy in APO, but I am not sure how the demand gets transferred to the transp zone for TP/VS to create the shipments?

For example, all the sales orders show up at the plant and NOT the transportation zone. So if we don't have any forecast, how does TPVS know to create any shipments to the customer (Transp zone) if the sales orders is only visible at the plant?

We would have to forecast the transp zone in DP and release this demand to SNP? We would still like SNP to be able to consider sales orders.

Do we have to modify CIF to have the sales order show up at the transp zone?

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

ken,

Demand does not get transferred to a zone, therefore you do not have to forecast on a zone. As with R/3 sales orders have a pant assigned therefore the demand resides within a given plant, the use of the zone is to enable a plant which has the demand of the sales order to connect via a transportation lane to a zone which may contain one or many customers. This is so when TPVS plans it has less lanes to read and dynamically calaulates th distance between teh plant and the customer(s), and also attempts to fill the transportation means to ensure maximum utilization of the vehicle.

If you read the sap help on trasnportation zones, it should explain their purpose, or possible read the hled in SCM5 with Add on Trasnportation Management, this helps explain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk

if you would like your transportation lanes in APO to be based on R3 information it is possible to automatically generate transportation lanes from purchase info records - check link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/d4/56ef1a5572544081619a5f87f4055e/frameset.htm

if you want to use parameters from R3 routes you can download the parameters and upload it back into the relevant fields in the transportation lanes using MASSD or LSMW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

Creating routes in R/3 does not mean re-creating tham as lanesin APO. To answer your question

1. firstly there is a a mass creation of transportation lanes available, should you decide to replicate all of the individual lanes in APO. i am assuming that each of these routes represent a connection between a plant and a customer!

2. however for the creation of lanes you should consider transportation zones, in this situation you create hierarchy for your nodes, and create lanes between the different transportation zones you have created in R/3. This minimises the amount of master data to maintain. I have added the URL for the SAP help on transportation zones. Hope this helps.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/50/0751465f2163438e478889b1e52794/frameset.htm

Regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

I forgot to add you are correct in having to add a TSP per lane, also choosing a strategy priority, cost etc.

When you are transferring the TSP's from R/3 to APO, do not forget to se the table entry CIFVENTYPE in R/3 to determine which vendor master becomes a TSP in APO.

cheers

Paul