Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

mini SAP installation error at start instance

1.           I am trying to install mini SAP ABAP 32 bit on windows 7 & vista & XP sp2 , but i always stuck at "start instance"  (error: Last error reported by the step :Instance NSP/DVEBMGS00 reached state SHUTDOWN after having state STARTING. Giving up )
  2. I reinstalled operating system (XP sp2 & windows 7) several times . I have 8 gb ram and 10 gb virtual memory allocated with i7 processor..I installed a Microsoft loopback adapter and edited the hostfile too but its not helping too .
  3. I was able to start instance manually but I further noticed that disp+Work.exe is taking time to start its just not fast and it takes around 120sec.
  4. I am including here the screenshot and log file attached to this question ( last trace 2015-07-26 22:46:47.997 [TRACE  : iaxxgenimp.cpp:1245  CGuiEngineImp::acceptAnswerForBlockingRequest  Waiting for an answer from GUI).
  5. I really need to install . please guide me . Thanks in advance  (by the way version I'm trying to install is AS_ABAP_7_02_SP6_32_bit_Trial)

saplog.txt.zip (50690 B)
Tags:
replied

Hello,

From the dev_disp:

*** DP_FATAL_ERROR => DpMsAttach: local hostname 'localhost' is resolved to loopback address (cf. SAP note 1054467 for details)

*** DISPATCHER EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN ***

And from the dev_ms

[Thr 3764] MsGetOwnIpAddr: my host addresses are :

[Thr 3764]   1 : [127.0.0.1] localhost (HOSTNAME)

The problem is that the command "hostname" is returning "localhost".

This is wrong. "hostname" must return the name of the local computer.

Fixing this should solve the SAP startup issue.

Have you made changes to the "hosts" file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts)?

I also see that the profile name is "NSP_DVEBMGS00_localhost", indicating that SAP would be using the hostname of "localhost", which is also wrong.

You need to install SAP using the hostname of the local computer, not "localhost".

Regards,

Isaías

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question