Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Sales Offices for a single Customer

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

In my organization, i have one sales organization, one distribution channel, and one division, and 5 sales offices.

in master data you can assign only one sales office.

when customer a is place an order lets say 500 MT, among this he get 100 MT each from different sales office locations.

How i can overcome one this scenario, as cant assign more than one sales office to a customer, and cant extend a customer based on the sales offices.

Please suggest, so that for ever partial deliver i can change the sales office.

i have the following options in mind also review it.

1. create a quantity contract and when ever release an single order user manually enter the sales office in that sales order, i don't know it will work or not.

Please suggest the best possible option.

regards,

imran khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

An Sales Order can be created for a Single Sales Office .

But an Delivery and Invoice document can have items belonging to different Sales Offices.

Maintain it in Delivery and it will flow into your invoice. You can use the same for reporting purpose.

In your Case create a Sales Order for 500 MT with a Single Sales Office. Create a Delivery .

Split the delivery in "VLSP" as per the requirement and in change mode of Delivery assign the different Sales office.

Regards,

SRK

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SRK,

There is some good learning in your post! Thanks!

In sales order, there will be one line item with a delivering plant, quantity 500MT. On the other hand, there will be 5 deliveries with different plants, quantity 100MT. Don't you think that this inconsistency between delivering plants and probably shipping points is too big an error?!

TW

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Always the relation between sales office & sales area is """Many to Many"""-But here you are having only one sales area-should be taken for further process...

As per your earlier confirmation-Each sales office will have it's own plants & shipping points.

Currently what was the report followed in arriving Sales office dependent details???(Is it customized/Standard)

why dont we consider creating 5 different line items with required plant at original sales order itself??

(Now each line item will have its own shipping points)

can we include this Shipping point & Sales office relation in your custom report used...

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

imran,

added: (after going through some theory and thinking about the organizational structure) If each sales office is responsible for the sale of 100MT then each office should create its sales order. In other words, there would be 5 sales orders, if client wants 500 MT.

In your setup, what is the role of a sales office?

Each sales office "sells" 100 MT (customer's total requirement is 500MT), does that also mean that the plants, shipping points are different for each sales office?

TW

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter, mentioned in blue

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

yes, plant are different for each sales office.

did it is OK that on each sales order user choose the sales office manually, or any other good work around.

regards,

imran khan

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

imran,

Yes, each order entry staff will know his/her sales office and they should check and change it in the order. Further, how will the plant populate in the order, as different for different offices? is this too a change done manually?

I don't support creating quantity contract, as the business process does not have contract, so why should you have that in design SAP.

My suggestion is to create few test orders for different sales offices and then list out the data needed to be input manually (e.g. sales group? plant? etc.) And then see how much manual entries are there and how to automate it. Custom development with z table could be an option (which can be seen later)

TW

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i am choosing contract because when customer creating sales order, he don't know that from how many location material will dispatch, so in this condition he only crate one line in the sales order, and its not good to change the line again and again when confirm about the dispatch location, thats why i offer them the quantity contract, when ever they refer it, one line is automatically created and user easily can input the sales office.

regards,

imran khan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you consider having multiple Sales Group which can then be assigned to one Sales Office ?

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

imran,

At the time customer places an order, say 1000 kg, what is the current process of dividing this among various sales offices - both, business process and in SAP?

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

It is a good idea but it wouldn't change anything, both sales office and group are at header level in sales order, thus several sales orders need to be created and also, for making clear which "office" is going to supply/sell what quantity, several orders need to be created. So the issue remains the same - with sales office or group.

TW

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

W,

no specific criteria, it can be as per situation of stock, even no percentage specific measure are there.

I am going to finalize to enter the sales order at run time while making the sales order.

regards,

imran khan

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

imran,

what do you mean by

I am going to finalize to enter the sales order at run time while making the sales order.

Is it that there will be no contract, straight away 5 sales orders, if there are 5 sales offices; in SAP?

TW