cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JAM password changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am aware on how to create JAM accounts. But I just want to ask how does password changes affect the usage of success factors? A periodic password change is necessary for both jamadmin and users??

How do I know if a user is locked using his/her SF id?

How exactly to map users using the alternate email i  the user management tab in the Web UI?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

IBP and SuccessFactor (SF) will prompted you to change password periodically. Without changing it on the first logon screen, you will not be able to access the rest of application UI.

If you are the administrator of the SF application, you can check if the user is active or not in the SF application.

You need to enter the email address of the SF user in the IBP alternate email field so that IBP user can collaborate in the JAM. Here is assumed that the SF user has been granted JAM access as well.

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeu,

Thank you for the response. Could you please tel where actually this option is available? If possible with a screen shot. This would help me a lot.

Thanks,

Manaswini

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Manaswini

Followed the SF menu path: Admin Tools -> Manage Users -> Employee Export

You can export and download the employee information in Excel worksheet and check who is active/inactive in the system.

On the other hand, i am not very sure if a SF user being requested to have password change is set to inactive status because forcing user to set password is part of the system password and login policy setting. You can read SAP note 2088634 for the system policy.

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Yeu!

-Manaswini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185671
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot change my user password, and also other users.

Do you know why might this be happening?

.CV

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Are you logging on as a SFADMIN or a administrator equivalent user?

If none of the above, maybe check if you are granted with privilege to change password? Maybe your ID does not have it..

Regards.

YS