cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import two XML file in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo MDM Expert,

I would like to import two files XML in MDM, because I carry out By Manuel import. besides, are both XML file from two different System needs to remove de-duplication of the both file and compared them. afterwards as a file to the export manager be exported.

Please could give a Input? which step I can done to Import the both file and alimented de-duplication.

Thank in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Hope you are familier with MDM .

1. First you have to create 2 diff source systems .

2. Then create map for both of them to load the main table .

3. Now as the records are in MDM , they are different by source systems/key mapping .

4. Now , you need to create matching strategy to find duplicate records .

5. Once you identify , merge duplicate records .

6. Now create a syndicator map to send cleansed data out of MDM .

If you need help in any of the above process , let us know ,

Hope this helps ,

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi An,

thank you for feedback. I habe confusion about System source. I am doing manuel import. I was only XI to extract Idoc. An i have transported the Idoc to XML file and have another file from other System. the both file I have in my Desktop. and a like to Import the both file. I have Importing the both file but consecutively is that right ? the work would done in mdm or in import manager ?

Thank in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominique,

To Import Second file please follow these steps:

In Import Manager after you import your first file then go to File --> Connect to Source in import manager, a new window comes then specify your second file name and perform Import normally.

After both the files are imported you can follow these steps to remove duplicates:

Matching Mode is used to find and merge duplicates.This can be done in following steps:

You have to use key mapping if incoming files are from different system.

Step1. In Data Manager go to Matching Mode and Select Transformation tab.Right click in Transformations pane and select Add Transformation then go to Properties pane and select the field you want to transform.Do the proper substitution in substitution pane example: Suppose that there are two values Marta. and Marta due to the "." MDM will interpret them as different values but they are duplicates so to eliminate this problem you can use substitution. So specify ".' in From and Blank space in To .Create similar transformation for other fields as well.

Step2. Go to Rules tab and Right click in Rules pane and select Add Rules then go to Properties pane and select the transformed field i.e.[XFM] .

Specify the scores for success failure and undefined properties as per your requirement.Create similar rules for other fields as well.

Step3. Go to Strategies tab. and Right click in Strategies pane and select Add strategies In the Rules Pane select the rules you want to include in the Strategy.Min Score and Max Score are calculated automatically. It is the sum of all individual matching rules in this strategy. Low Threshold and High Threshold classify the matching results and must be set manually. They decide the Match Class for a record upon executing the strategy.

Step4. Go to the Records Pane and to execute the matching, select one or more records from the record set and right-click. Select Match Records from the context menu and select the relevant matching type:

• Selected vs. Selected matches the selected records with each other

• Selected vs. Results matches the selected records with the record set derived from the search criteria

• Selected vs. All matches the selected records with all records in the repository

• Results vs. Results matches all records that result from the search criteria

• Results vs. All matches all records that result from the search criteria with the records in the repository

Step5. On the basis of the Score select the record and See the corresponding matched records in the Matches tab and include the records you want to merge.

Step6. Go to Merge tab and for the selected matched records select the appropriate values and then right click in the bottom pane and select merge records. So the selected records are now existing as a new single merged record.

In order to syndicate data out of MDM follow these steps in Syndicator:

Step1. Go to Destination Items tab in bottom pane. Right click in Destination Items window and select "Add Destination Item" from the Context menu.

Step2. Go to "Properties" window and fill the required details.

Similarly you can create other destination fields as per your requirement.

Step3. Go to "Item Mapping" tab in bottom pane and Map the source field to the required destination field.

Step4. After all the mapping is done you can "Execute Syndication" and a flat file will be syndicated.

Note: You can syndicate Client specific data as well using Map Properties tab and selecting Output client system property

Thanks and Regards,

<b>Sagar Sonje

</b>

<b>Mark Helpful Answers</b>

Answers (0)