cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Rule to determine property

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using ctworkcenter complex table for workcenter and in complex table search,

I mapped display value as work center description and return value as workcenter,

when i transmit the notification to SAP, gives me error character value cannot be converted to num. because bapi structure has pm_wrk which is numc type in sap.

So, i have added a field to the ctworkcenter called objid and i fetched value for it from sap.

Then i mapped display value as workcenter description and return value as objid.

Now when i transmit the app, I selected the workcenter value from dropdown, and say finish. it got saved local notification with objid not workcenter description. and when i click on edit notification, it is blank. but when i transmit, it created notification correctly with selected workcenter.

I created a initial value rule and mapped it on notification add and edit transactions for workcenter property. It worked fine at app level. but when transmit it created notification, but workcenter updated from functional location.

Please help.. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thulasiram,

For this type of customization, you will need to use the Agentry Test Environment Transaction viewer. Do a before and after apply transaction so you would see the values that the Client (Agentry) is sending back to the backend SAP.

The key is to know what transaction are you firing against the backend. This will have the corresponding BAPI calls that are being ran against SAP.

So the trick here is to master your Agentry Test Environment (ATE).

Look at all the input to your transaction (watch the name) and after your apply what are the final values (are you returning key values - unique key) and is your transaction running against the backend calling the correct BAPI.

Overall, it seems you are learning how the Agentry @COMPLEXTABLE is being used based on how you are calling, search and returning values.

Please note in complextable what you are returning should be a key unique ID against the backend and normally in database coding that is the unique row that you are editing.

Not sure if this helps. All I am suggesting is you need to use the full functionality of your Agentry Test Environment to debug your customization.

Look especially after you debug the after apply - you will see all the parameters that will be fed to SAP. Now you need to look at your transaction to see if the BAPI that is being run is correct and it has the correct parameters being used.

Hope this helps.

Mark Pe

SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Answers (0)