cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decouple of Transport - Charm

0 Kudos

A request was sent from Development team to decouple a transport from Charm document. I have selected Transport and tried to de-couple it and got the following error " Unable to decouple request due to not-imported transport of copies DWXXXX". Development team does not want this transport. Any ideas on how to solve this issue

Thanks

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Rakeshm5
Explorer
0 Kudos

TRs can be decoupled from CD if

• Status is in development
  • No TOCs/TRs waiting in import queue of test system

For decoupling TR for Test import queue TOCs (still/again) waiting for import should be removed.

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

If Project has CCTS activated then you can assign Released TRs as well whereas if project doesnt have cCTS actiavted then you can only use unreleased TRs.

Thanks

Vikram

dillipkumar_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Since you have not given the status of your Change document, I assume your CD is in 'To be tested' (Since you have an TOC issue).

This functionality is available in status 'In development' and 'Created' ONLY , since your CD is already in "TO Be Tested" technically you have a TOC sitting in your QA system for testing and at this point you may not be able to decouple this transport request because it is managed by the original task-list and can be only imported via that.

The prerequisite for decoupling a TR is you should have imported any transports of copies before you decouple the transport request, in-case you have moved from status "Created" and "In development"

You may try your luck to decouple it from task-list at Solution manager level (rather than CRMUI).

Please refer for further details:

Decoupling a Transport Request - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Regards,

Dillip

0 Kudos

The document was moved back to "In Development" status and we tried to decouple document but still got the same error.

Can you elaborate on decoupling from task list at Solution manager level. I can see the problem TOC from task list but not sure about the steps.

The issue was resolved after developer deleted objects attached to transport re-added and then TOC got created. We moved status back to "In Development" and then de-coupled problem transport