cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appeon application close event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other than the application crashing, is there any way for a user to exit that the application close event does not fire in appeon?

I am logging the time when someone exits, but a LOT of the time the event doesn't seem to fire.  Way more than an application crash would indicate.

This is on Appeon for PowerBuilder 2015 Build 0256.00

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appeon has confirmed they can reproduce the problem in 2015 versions including build 298.  ticket id: 2384

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike;

Interesting ... Thanks for the update.

However, very strange as its working perfectly in my Integrated framework for the past 8 years. That's one of the key events that I use in my production applications as well. Weird.

I guess the bonus is for people already using my framework.  😉

Regards ... Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The close event does not fire in CHROME.  If you either close the tab or close chrome itself, then it isn't firing my close processing.  If you exit the application via the PB exit process, then it does fire.

IE doesn't have this problem.  Haven't tried other browsers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WOW ... just ran a few test applications in the Chrome Web Browser and the Application Close is working just fine each time!

FYI:

a) I am using Chrome version 43.0.2357.134

b) Appeon 2015R2 - build 298

Have a great weekend Mike!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike;

1) The close Event is working nicely for me as my framework uses this event extensively. However, I am using Appeon 2015R2 - build 298.

2) If this is the case in your code / Appeon version .. a "work around" could be to use the CloseQuery event where the code is returning a "0" (OK to close) to collect your time statistics.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

closequery is a window event, not the application.  are you using the close event of the application in any production web system? 

It almost seems like a user might close the browser a certain way and it makes the application close without firing the close event

I'm also having problem with just one user whose browsers keep crashing (IE and chrome)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahhh ... missed the keyword "application" ... my apologizes!

1) I just checked my Integrated framework's log from the example OrderEntry application running via Appeon Web on FF, IE, Chrome, Opera and Safari. The last thing the framework dopes in the Application Close is compute the total running time and issue the sign-off message. This is working perfectly for me - which means the application close event is always firing.

Development:

2) I also checked the log on my Android tablet just now and the same information is being written to the Appeon Mobile log as well on the Application Close event.

Again ... my Appeon is build 298. However, I always check this when testing changes to my framework and I cannot remember this not working even back in Appeon 2013.

FWIW: My example Appeon Web/Mobile applications and production applications (here at work) never crash on the Application Close. They all use my frameworks BTW.  

Production:

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wasn't clear:  the user isn't crashing in the close event - just crashing elsewhere.  I only brought that up since I'm checking a log table to see when they logged in and what browser and keep noticing that the logout date is never in the system.  maybe the update process takes too long and the browser just kills it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, check your Time Out thresholds in AEM and IIs. However, you should not get a crash in these occur but a proper error message from the Appeon run-time, IIs or your code if you trap for these situations.