cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify existing HANA stored procedures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am new in HANA Database. We are implementing a SAP application with HANA on the backend. However I got a problem modifying existing stored procedures inside HANA Studio. The Stored Procedures are read-only and I could not make any changes. Any detailed instruction on how to make changes on existing HANA stored procedures?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have created your procedures under Catlog you need to drop and Recreate it every time a change is required.

Note : take the backup of the old proc and drop the proc and recreate the code with new changes/additional changes to the existing proc

so it would be better to create the procedures by creating workspaces in repositories and do the edit when and where required by activating the proc once the changes are done to the repository.

Regards,

Charles

jyoti_senapati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peng,

There are 2 way to create HANA Database objects (Ex:- DB tables,Stored Procedures etc).

i>Directly in under schema by Create procedure... Statement which is non editable and non shareable after it will be created

ii>By creating Workspace in Repositories & Edit object definitions in Project explorer which is shareable and editable any moment of the time.

May be you have created the procedure in the way which is described as 1 point. Take the backup of the code and delete that procedure and recreate the same procedure by point 2. After it you can change or modify your procedure any moment of the time as per your requirement.

Regards,

Jyoti