cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the correct method to proceed forward with TDMS Package after applying Note 2152260?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We received the following exact error mentioned in the note while executing a "Time-Based Reduction for SAP NetWeaver BW" with TDMS 4.0 SP8.

Note 2152260

Activity 'Exec. of  Consistency Checks for Transfer-Rel. Customizing' gets error and the error log says "| Field  used as a child in the foreign key does not exist".

We implemented the note and tried to re-execute the step and it still fails.

The note clearly states to load a new package, but we don't know how do we properly cleanup the current one so that we start a new package?

--OR--

Is there a way to continue with the old package?

Deactivating the current package doesn't seem like an option since it is only partially complete.

Excerpt from the TDMS 4.0 Application Operations Guide - Document Version: 1.7 – 2015-02-16

Appreciate any insight into this issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For deactivating the current package, you will need to run the activities in the 'Post Transfer Processing' phase of the current package.

The activities to be executed in this phase (which are absolutely necessary for a proper cleanup) are already mentioned in the above Operations Guide screenshot(step 1).

Hoping this helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shruti,

Thanks for the reply!  I don't see anything in the operations guide besides the 3 bullet points made under "Deactivating a migration package".  Could you clarify your response?

1) Package Settings

2) System Analysis <-- The package is currently here and so most of the post processing steps don't apply.

3) Data Transfer

4) Postprocessing

Thanks again,

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Doug,

What I meant in my previous reply was that the activities - 'Refresh Data Cluster' & 'Refresh TDMS Header Tables' - are to be executed before deactivating any package midway. This ensures a proper cleanup.

Now, in your case, you can just deactivate the package as these steps don't apply here in the current stage. (as very correctly pointed by you)

Having said this, I would like to answer your very first question: the need for a new package to resolve this issue still stands. The current package cannot be used to move further after applying the note.

So just deactivate the current package and create a fresh 'Time-Based Reduction for SAP NetWeaver BW' package.

Hoping this resolves your query!

Kind Regards,
Shruti

Answers (0)