Upgrade SYBASE ASE database from 15.7 to 16.0
I am looking for high level steps to perform the upgrade. Need to make sure that I understand the upgrade process correctly.
1. Upgrade Preparation
Execute preupgrade utility from /sybase/SID/upgrade
Take backup of whole database along with /sybase/SID file system backup
2. Install ASE 16.0 to /sybase/SID
It will install all the binaries to the required directories
3. Set variables OLDSYBASE_ASE, OLDSYBASE, OLDSYBASE_OCS
4. Execute $SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/bin/sqlupgrade
Should the $SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE be the ASE-16_0 ?
There are few sqlupgrade options :
1. -s <sybase_dir> – specifies the value to use for the SYBASE environment variable. [Should this be the /sybase/SID/SYBASE.csh]
2. -r <resource_file> – executes the specified resource file. [What is meant by resource file?]
3. -D <data_directory> – specifies a working directory that differs from the default $SYBASE directory. This allows users other than the sa to configure and use SAP ASE without the need to have access permission to the $SYBASE directory. If you do not use -D, SAP ASE uses $SYBASE as the default. [I believe this should be /sybase/SID/]
Please let me know if anything else to be taken care of.